Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GP2Engine
Level 9

Is Roku having a server-wide issue regarding user accounts and activating devices?

Jump to solution

Nobody seems to be talking about this so I don't know if this is just a problem specific to me or a server-wide issue. But I cannot activate a new Roku device (with existing Roku account). Seems like an issue on Roku's end but I'm not sure.

Can anyone else confirm?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dendawg
Level 7

Re: Is Roku having a server-wide issue regarding user accounts and activating devices?

Jump to solution

Amazon Web Services outage causes issues for Roku, Adobe

View solution in original post

17 Replies
gprez2006
Level 7

Re: Is Roku having a server-wide issue regarding user accounts and activating devices?

Jump to solution

Out of all days to have an issue, it's when I'm trying to connect a new device! 🙄

akerr1591
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am also not able to activate due to "maintenance issue".

comicbru
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, there is a widespread issue.  It seems to be getting better in the last hour, but earlier today it even affected the ability to log in to the roku.com site.  And it affected the ability to get password issues resolved, etc.  Last update I saw was from 2:00pm ET and some parts of the process are still being worked on -- for instance changing payments is not working as well as getting new devices recognized. 

wildlifema
Level 8

Jump to solution

Any idea when this issue will be fixed?  I've got a new Roku TV and have been trying to activate since this morning.  Still cannot activate.  Have cleared my browser from some instructions and still no activation.  Getting the same message.   Visiting support does no good.  They do not help.

11/25/2020 @10:00am PST
There is an issue impacting Roku accounts which we are working to resolve. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Visit support.roku.com for more information.

GP2Engine
Level 9

Jump to solution

@gprez2006 wrote:

Out of all days to have an issue, it's when I'm trying to connect a new device! 🙄

Same here. I just had my 55r635 delivered this morning to replace my older TV which is unplugged and stored away.

But because I need to sign in to my Roku account and activate my device/TV before I can literally do ANYTHING with the TV, it has been nothing but a brick since I got it.

If there's a server issue then fine, I understand things happen. But the part that bothers me is that I can't do a single thing with this TV until after I signed in and activated it. I can't even switch to a different HDMI input with my Roku3 connected (as far as I know. if anyone knows how, please let me know).

It's absurd that I paid as much as I did for a whole TV but the ability to use any of the hardware is entirely dependent on whether I logged into my Roku account or not. That's like buying a $1,000 iPhone but not being able to use the internet or camera because you didn't sign in to your Apple account.

MaizeRage
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having same issue here with 55S435 Model TV.  Stuck at the activate your TV screen.  Would be great if someone knows of a way to get past this and allow me to activate and link it with my account later when the server is back up.  

antbanks
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, some kinda of nationwide server update 

0 Kudos
Gary-94080
Level 11

Jump to solution

I tried add a channel and also check on app updates and my Ultra says that I am not connected to the internet even though I have not problems on using any of the existing apps.  also no problem with posting this.

0 Kudos
Dendawg
Level 7

Jump to solution

Amazon Web Services outage causes issues for Roku, Adobe

View solution in original post