Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwrouse1972
Level 7

Is DVR service available with streaming tvs

Jump to solution

I am looking to reduce my monthly cable bill but my only hesitancy is due to my DVR service. I love being able to record and watch shows at my leisure and when my work schedule permits , so my question is If I were to cut service from my cable provider would I still have the capability to "DVR" specific programs that i typically record. my cable bill is in the ball park of $150.00 a month and just trying to save some money.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andyross
Level 16

Re: Is DVR service available with streaming tvs

Jump to solution

The Roku itself is not a DVR. It's just a streaming device. Any DVR support will depend on the service you replace your cable TV with, assuming you want 'live' TV. Most streaming services are mostly OnDemand-style. If you want traditional cable-like service with a DVR, you will need to check out other cable-replacement services, which often will cost nearly as much as traditional cable TV.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
andyross
Level 16

Jump to solution

The Roku itself is not a DVR. It's just a streaming device. Any DVR support will depend on the service you replace your cable TV with, assuming you want 'live' TV. Most streaming services are mostly OnDemand-style. If you want traditional cable-like service with a DVR, you will need to check out other cable-replacement services, which often will cost nearly as much as traditional cable TV.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Level 11

Jump to solution

As indicated in the previous post Roku devices are not DVR capable, however several streaming services like YouTube TV are.  

0 Kudos