Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Ipad 2 airplay streaming on stick +

Hello, i just received my stick+ and I'm not able to connect my ipad 2 trough airplay.... Isn't it compatible with older devices?

Tks

Ps any advice, because I will still using my apple tv if not...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 21

Re: Ipad 2 streaming on stick +

If it's a brand new Stick+ (model 3810), I'm pretty sure it should be receiving AirPlay. If you're not located in the US, it might still be rolling out to your location. On my first device, it didn't appear in the settings but it was shown as a destination device when I looked on my phone. Once I used it, then it appeared in the Roku settings menu. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Ipad 2 streaming on stick +

Hi, i have the newest one, just received it today, first thing was an update, and I have in settings air play but it seems that is not compatible with earlier gen of I pad... Every app I tried, was not compatible with my ipad in apple store, and I don't find the stick in iPad airplay...

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Ipad 2 airplay streaming on stick +

@Bdoro 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the followingApple devices below support streaming audio and video with AirPlay 2:
-iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 12.3 or later
-Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or later

For more information, visit the Apple support website and for additional information regarding Airplay, visit our Support page here: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Hello, tks for your answers, i just hopped that somehow it would be possible to have backwards compatibility as usual is but I keep forgetting that we are talking about apple environment....i have an particular interest in that ipad and it is true that is old but still working good, and abandoned by apple...

0 Kudos
Level 7

Seems that I reached a dead end on that subject.... Something different, i wasn't able to install your app because it's not available in my country, can I have the app separately, not from Google play?

0 Kudos