Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RayRay
Reel Rookie

Installing Apple TV app on Sharp Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have Roku devices attached to three of my four TVs. They all work fine and I can add and delete streaming channel apps with no problem. My 'main' TV in the living room is an older large Sharp Roku TV - the kind with the Roku built right into the set.  I would like to add the Apple TV app to my menu (as I have done on my external Roku devices in the other rooms without any problem).  But when I do a search for channels on the Sharp Roku TV, Apple TV doesn't even come up as an option. Why is that? Because it's a bit older set? Isn't there any way I can update it so I can at least see the Apple TV app like I do on my other Roku devices?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RayRay
Reel Rookie

Re: Installing Apple TV app on Sharp Roku TV

Jump to solution

Thanks. My model number is not on this list. Never again will I buy a TV with the Roku built into it.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Sorry, but apple picks what devices get their app, if it's too old there isn't a way around that. I have Insignia Roku tv that doesn't get apple tv either. No reason why you can't hook a Roku device to the Roku tv?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RayRay--

Apple lists their app as compatible with the Roku TV models below.
(Check your Roku model number via Settings > System > About)
List current as of February 7, 2022 - See Source link for any updates.

Source: https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-app/devices/

DEVICE NAME           MODEL NUMBER(S)
Roku 4K TV            6000X, 7000X, A000X, C000X, G000X
Roku 8K TV            E000X
Roku TV               8000X, D000X

The letters following the model number are sales distribution codes and do not matter for this determination.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RayRay
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. My model number is not on this list. Never again will I buy a TV with the Roku built into it.

RayRay
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, but I refuse to add yet another Roku device to a TV set that already has a Roku built into it!

jimmy691
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Sharp/Roku is two years old and the same issue. Sloppy customer relations. Like the other user, I have one tv with a Roku device five years old and can get Apple +. Additionally a Firestick TV with no issues. Figures.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jimmy691
Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I tried first to downloaded the app on my account with the roku website, updated the software for my sparp roku tv....basically have been struggling with this frustrating issue long enough to end up responding on this thread, which says a lot

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @megmegmeg516

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you encounter any error messages? Are all the other streaming channels operating normally? How long has the issue existed and what troubleshooting done to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
jimmy691
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Apple TV+ app is not available through the App store on this ROKU TV model. It is available on other models but not this specific one. Apparently here are the only ROKU Sharp TV's that you can get the Apple + on. There should be a work around. I have used ROKU for years but this will be the last.

DEVICE NAME           MODEL NUMBER(S)
Roku 4K TV            6000X, 7000X, A000X, C000X, G000X
Roku 8K TV            E000X
Roku TV               8000X, D000X

Jim jtafling@mindspring.com