Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indicator Light Stays On After Installing 10.5 Update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. Can you please provide additional details about the issue you are experiencing?
We also would like to request the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
tgbrown1687
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update for all;

My I have 3 Roku Ultra 4800 with the latest 10.5.0 build 4201c, 1 as mentioned started having issues with the CEC feature after the software update. The voice option and the short cut to power off the TV no longer worked, troubleshooting process as followed;

Reprogrammed remote to TV

Confirmed CEC feature was enabled on the Roku and the TV

Moved HDMI cable to another HDMI port on the TV

Unplugged the Roku and the TV power for about 10 minutes

Hard reset Roku with the reset button on the bottom

All of the above made no difference.

I confirmed the voice control and short cut did still work on a second Roku Ultra and swapped this Roku with the one I was having trouble with which still made no difference.

I swapped the Roku back to its original places and replaced the factory Roku HDMI cable, after replacing the HDMI cable the TV did recognize the Roku device and had me setup a new HDMI device which did not occur previous to replacing the cable no matter how many times I unplugged the Roku HDMI and regardless of which HDMI port I used. However this still did not resolve the Voice command and short cut functions.

After replacing the HDMI cable I unplugged the Roku and TV power for 10 seconds and plugged them back in. This allowed the TV software to reset the HDMI port and now it recognized the Roku and my sound bar and setup each device correctly, all feature including the Roku voice command and short cut icon on the home screen to function properly.

Prior to replacing the HDMI cable the Roku would only go to sleep after the 20min auto power feature, the power light on the front would stay on after the TV was powered off, the Roku powers on/off from the HDMI signal. After replacing the HDMI cable and restarting all devices the Roku now goes to sleep and the power indicator light goes off 5-10 seconds after powering off the TV.  

My third Roku Ultra 4800 was not up-to-date due to it has not been powered on for several weeks, I manually updated it to the latest 10.5.0 build 4201c, after updating this unit had issues of loading certain channels like Pandora, to get Pandora to load I had to power cycle the TV and the Roku then it would load (I would have to power cycle each time I tried to use Pandora).

I replaced the factory Roku HDMI cable on this device and unplugged the power on both the Roku and TV which seem to resolve the channel loading issues on the device as well.

Both of the Roku devices worked fine prior to the 10.5.0 (Build 4201c) update, obviously something with the HDMI signal and CEC features changed in the software and the factory Roku HDMI cable is not of adequate quality or compatible with the changes in the 10.5.0 update. 

0 Kudos
smv372

Re: Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Jump to solution

I am having this issue as well. With my Roku3 and my Express model. They will not go into standby mode. All since the recent update. And I have tried checking for another update, but nothing has shown up. 

0 Kudos
gharris34
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Jump to solution

Same issue and this has not worked for me at all.  

Roku Ultra

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please see @RokuMary-F's previous post. Once we have the appropriate information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ray11

Jump to solution

When will the update turn off the indicator light. The promised update didn't solve the indicator light issue which still stays on.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ray11

Thanks for the post.

We believe that issue has been resolved in a previous OS build that has already been rolled out to customers. If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My 4800 will not go off the front light on the box stays on 24 hours a day no matter what. 

what do I do?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @randys,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If this issue is not resolved, kindly provide the information requested by @RokuDanny-R posted above that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem.

Keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Fixed, thanks.

0 Kudos