Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPA1000
Channel Surfer

Re: Indicator Light Stays On After Installing 10.5 Update

Jump to solution

Model: 4620X Roku Premiere

Serial Number: YT00DS102165

Software version: 10.5.0 build 4167-29

The light only shuts off when the TV is on.

MBCT
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Jump to solution

And the problem continues - Now in its 9th day (Since Setember 21st). Roku WILL go into screensaver mode only when the TV is on. Once you either change the input, turn OFF the TV or disconnect the HDMI, then the Unit will remain ON with Absolutely NO screen saver time-out. What a waste of electricity and, of course, heating up the unit. I certainly hope that a patch will soon be available. I check every day and STILL nothing..........

EPogue6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the exact same problem with our Roku premier Plus, I've tried about everything I can think of I've let it go into sleep mode and then turn the television off and it just comes right back on as well as send the Roku into a restart mode and then try turning the TV off in the process that does not work either.

Hoping for a fix.

kato3927
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I too am having a screensaver issue since the 10.5 4167-29 update.  I have reset the screensaver time setting numnerous times and uninstalled and reinstalled the micro SD card with no fix for this new issue.  I have two other 4600X boxes attached to two other televisions in my home with no screensaver or front light issues.  Both of these other boxes have the 10.0 update installed and I'm not going to update them untill this current issue is fixed.

Is there a process and can we please roll back to version 10.0 to alleviate the issues with the 10.5 version?

JLee24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have performed the steps and am still having the white light issue.

Roku Premiere Plus

Software version 10.5.0 Build: 4167

serial number: YR000J819758

Hopefully you can get this fixed. It is frustrating when a forced update negatively affects your device. Thanks!

kato3927
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

A new update today.  Installed the new update.  Did a restart. Installed further updates.  Restart. Installed a further update, then a restart. Bingo... or so I thought.  Light went off after my preset timeout duration and then less than 15 seconds later it came on again.

Having to unplug the device every night.  Very frustrating.

Keep trying Danny!!

MBCT
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I too am STILL having this same problem. Roku will NOT go into standby mode, even after TWO recent Updates (One being October 5th 2021). This problem began on September 21st and continues TODAY October 6th....Still no fix, even after TWO updates. And, now YouTube is NOT working with the latest update. Unbelievable!!!!!! 

kato3927
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

In a previous post I noted that the device affected by the problematic 10.5.0 update was a Premiere 4600.  Looking at the device more closely the device's actual information reads as follows:

Roku Premiere 4630X

S/N: YR00FU383980

Software: 10.5.0 Build 4174-29

Device ID: 7KA6AF383980

Please note that I have two other of the same model Premiere 4630X devices in my home (3 total) yet neither of the other two devices with the 10.0 update version are affected with the issues the one with the 10.5.0 is currently experiencing

0 Kudos
Goofus
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have two 4K Express+ boxes and roomie has a 3, all updated to 10.5 and started doing the same thing (light staying on).  There's a new/modified "power" under SETTINGS///SYSTEM///POWER called "auto power savings" and a checkbox for "after 20 minutes of no interaction".  This is either new or different than it was before 10.5, because once I checked the box, not only does the light stay off at and beyond the screensaver, it *seems* to be shutting the Roku completely OFF, where before even with no light or activity it always seemed to be warm 24/7.  It's not anymore.  Check your settings and check this box and you should actually solve the problem.

LadyLizzie13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I cannot find a power choice at all on my old Roku 2.  I did however find a checked box for Roku to turn off tv and I unchecked that and restarted but it did nothing to fix it.  Turning off tv or changing modes and it turns back on.  

That's awesome though that it works for you.

0 Kudos