Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave-H
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Jump to solution

Yes, it's all fine here now too.

Thanks everyone, I only joined the forum to report this, but I'll stick around now!

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Dav59
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It is better now, but still not right. My tv has a feature that turns it on when an attached device turns on. Now the Roku will not turn on until the tv is on. More work needs to be done.

0 Kudos
ogstacey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Downloaded the update this morning and tested it.  I am so happy to report that my Roku has powered down as it should.  Thank you so, so much for providing the update.

I would ask that Roku have it's Customer Satisfaction Team review these posts to see what customers are saying and how they might improve the communication process.

Thanks again.  I love using Roku and hope to see continued good things coming our way.

0 Kudos
kato3927
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I think Roku has gleaned enough about their customer base by reading some of the types of complaints in this forum without the necessity for creating a Customer Satisfaction Team web board on top of what they're already providing. They're probably subscribing to the old 'less is more' in the form of customer interaction, and I don't blame them.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience with this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved in the newest updates of OS 10.5 build 4185. Please check for software updates on your device by followinng the instructions below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.

• Note: The System update screen displays the current software and build version, along with the date and time of the latest update.

5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
FlatEric521
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Like some of the other posters, I also have pulled down 10.5.0 build 4187-29 on to my 4630X device.  This is definitely an improvement to the earlier 10.5.0 builds in terms of the standby behavior.  The light does not stay on when the TV is turned off.

That being said, it is still changed from prior 10.0 and earlier builds.  Instead of the light staying on when the TV is off, now it quickly turns on when the TV is turned on.  Even if the TV is set to a different input.  This leads to me turning on the TV to watch something, seeing the Roku wake up, then eventually go back to standby given I was not using it.

Why in 10.5.0 is the Roku sensitive to the TV power state at all?  Prior builds did not care.  If the TV was turned off, it would wait the screensaver period before turning off.  And it never turned on unless receiving input from the remote.  My other Roku device still running 10.0 behaves that way.

wasker
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@FlatEric521Yeah, the sleep (?) behavior has definitely changed on 4670X device for me too: no screensaver, the light just goes off once the input is not active. I can't confirm "now it quickly turns on when the TV is turned on. Even if the TV is set to a different input" though. For me Roku seem to follow the state of the input, but then I use it via receiver, not connected directly to a TV.

0 Kudos
bucksnorts
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The fix disabled my screensaver. I can't seem to get it working again.

0 Kudos
Dav59
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I can confirm that my Roku ultra powers on when the tv is turned on, even on ota antenna input. And it will NOT turn on until the tv is turned on, defeating a feature of my tv. Better than before, but not right.

0 Kudos
chats
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Dav59 wrote:

I can confirm that my Roku ultra powers on when the tv is turned on, even on ota antenna input. And it will NOT turn on until the tv is turned on, defeating a feature of my tv. Better than before, but not right.

Mine is still acting oddly as well:

I got the latest build (4187-50) and that solved the problem of the Roku coming on, and staying on, while the tv is off - whew!

However, my Roku Digital Clock screensaver still isn't working correctly: it won't work at all if I'm paused on something I'm watching - the Roku logo screensaver starts, instead. The Roku Digital Clock ONLY works if I'm on the Roku homepage, or on an app's homepage.

Also, for some odd reason, Roku isn't saving my rating (five stars, if I'm remembering correctly) for the Roku Digital Clock. I've sent feedback for a while now.

And my Roku turns itself on as soon as I turn my tv on, just as you said. Never did that before - it used to remain on standby until I manually activated it, as it should be.

I'm very relieved that the Not-Powering-Down issue is solved, though!

0 Kudos