Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bird3
Reel Rookie

Steaming stick stays on all the time

Jump to solution

When I turn TV off the stick doesn’t turn off and the light in the stick is still lit. Oddly when I turn the TV on to watch regular TV the power goes off. Then if I turn TV off the stick powers on and stays on all night emitting a bothersome light in the bedroom. 
This a new development. 

0 Kudos
AMag
Reel Rookie

Roku ultra exits screensaver when I turn off tv

Jump to solution

In the past week I noticed that my Roku Ultra is exiting from screensaver/sleep mode when I turn off the tv. I am not streaming anything, or using the remote in any way.

While the tv is on, the device will go on screensaver mode after the appropriate time ( 10 minutes of inactivity), and the LED on front will go off, as it always has, if I'm not streaming through the ROKU. But once I turn off the tv, it will "wake up", turn on the LED, and exit screensaver mode and remain "awake" for hours. It will not go back to sleep until I turn on the tv and keep it on for 10 minutes (if I'm not using it, of course).

Why is the roku waking up when I turn off the tv? I don't believe this behavior was occurring prior to this past week.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

roku express ,white light now stays on constantly used to shut off when not using

Jump to solution

roku express ,white light now stays on constantly used to shut off when not using,is this normal???maybe from an update? just started recently...

0 Kudos
AMag
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku ultra exits screensaver when I turn off tv

Jump to solution

@renojim wrote:

Did it just update to 10.5?

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Indicator-Light-Stays-On-After-I...

Ah, I see. Yes, it is now 10.5, but I only just noticed the issue, and I associated it with the screensaver rather than just the light, so I had not found the other posts about it. Thanks for the pointer. 

0 Kudos
bucksnorts
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Jump to solution

I just hooked a smart switch to mine. As for customers complaining about spending hard earned money for a product that don't work the way it's designed to. I don't think there crying about it or acting like "petulant little girls " If someone buys a product that just sucks and complains about it it don't mean there wanting immediate gratification. A world of immediate gratification? Really? I spent a lot of money on my Roku and I'm using it with a smart switch but that don't mean I'm happy with it. This is more than a "slight inconvenience"

@kato3927 wrote:

I realize it's a slight inconvenience to unplug the unit in order to prevent the light from taking up all your attention all day & night, but realistically what are your options? Roku says they're working on the issue. Unless you have some information to the contrary that proves they're ignoring the issue, I have to trust that's what they're doing. Contrary to the mass opinions of people today and the preaching of social media, the real world is not the world of immediate gratification to everyone's desires.

Try the steps people are advising here, just unplug the unit each night before bedtime, or replace your Roku with a similar device from another manufacturer. If none of those options work for you, keep crying and ask an adult to help you with your angst.

God... Some people claiming to be adults act like petulant little girls when they don't get what they want when they want it! So with that said; I'll let you have the last word and yes wasker...rub a couple sticks together and get some class man.

mrchimp.jpg

'

0 Kudos
kato3927
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Standby and indicator light problem all resolved with the new firmware update I just downloaded and installed. Thank you Danny and thanks Roku Tech Support Team. 

LadyLizzie13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Oh Kato, thank you for letting us know!!  Thank you RokuDanny and team!!  It is resolved!!  Fully tested and tried every channel and they all work, seems to have stopped the temporary HTPC (or whatever, I'm exhausted)) error I'd been getting and ignoring for months too since it would clear in about 10 seconds it was no big deal to me.  But this issue was annoying at worst! Great news! Thanks again!

EPogue6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information and big thank you to Roku for the firmware update it worked perfectly and it will be nice to give the box of well-deserved break.

0 Kudos
Briny_S
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra won't go into stand-by mode

Jump to solution

Recently, my Roku Ultra won't drop into stand-by mode. The light on the front stays on constantly despite it just sitting on the main home screen. I've tried restarting and unplugging it a couple of times, but it still doesn't seem to want to sleep or stand-by chatrandom. Any idea what might be going on or what else I can try?

Edit: I discovered that it has something to do with the TV being on or off. With the TV on, the Roku will go to screensaver and the light turns off (goes into stand-by/sleep mode). If I power the TV off, the light turns off. If I turn the TV back on, the omegle screen save turned off. If the TV is off, the Roku never goes into stand-by. Is this some kind of bug with 10.5?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Dave76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you the new firmware has now fixed. Now soon as I turn TV off its pretty much instant light goes out. I now have 10.5.0 build 4187-29.

0 Kudos