Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wasker
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Jump to solution

@kato3927"Unless you have some information to the contrary that proves they're ignoring the issue, I have to trust that's what they're doing"

What is the ETA for the fix? It's a simple question, the answer to which is a date, not "10.5 update in the future".

LadyLizzie13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree, as hot as it gets with this error it's a serious liability issue for Roku at this point.  Others have done the full reset and all and it changes nothing.  One guy found a power off in the setting but he has a different build number than most of us.  From what Roku has said, they are aware and there is no manual fix on our end and they are working theirs from their end. We just have to wait.

kato3927
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ohhhh, I see.  You want a date, a definitive date? Oh, I get you now.  You want to know exactly when a problem Roku's been working on for what, 2 or 3 weeks now will be solved? Well gee... I guess that'll be when they figure it out now won't it.

Why don't you just calm the f&%# down and wait for something that neither you nor any of us have any control over.

Child PLEASE! Stop being so manic.

ogstacey
Reel Rookie

Re: Indicator Light Stays On After Installing 10.5 Update

Jump to solution

I bet that we are going to be seeing more on this topic.  I bet most people haven't even noticed yet that the light stays on.  As more people take notice  - we will hear all kinds of chatter.  Does Roku have a "Known Issues" link anywhere?  If they don't - they should.  Also - why not send out some sort of notification, "We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it...bla, bla, bla."

0 Kudos
wasker
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@kato3927It might come as a shock to you, but as a customer who was with Roku for 8 years and recently bought their latest Ultimate box, I do in fact care about the product I paid for working properly. And yes, this means that I do want to know a date when the "future update" is going to be available, especially that Roku had marked this issue as "solved".

I prefer products I paid for working properly. But that just me. 🤷🏻

Dave76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Wow is getting nasty here. But yes Roku is at fault with this. 10.5 has bugs and certainly didn't test enough with all models before dropping this update. When 10.0 was out there was no issues.

AJH4
Reel Rookie

Power Light Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

The white power light on the streaming stick randomly turns on and off.  It is bright enough that it is noticeable in a dark room.  A piece of tape would be a fine solution, but the Roku support team mentioned that the light is always on, but I have found that not to be accurate.  This one, after reboot and being unplugged, the light will go off after a while and sometimes goes on and stays on without the Roku remote being touched.  Also, we never noticed it being on randomly in the middle of the night before.  Is this failing?  All software is up to date and device has been disconnected and reconnected several times.

0 Kudos
kato3927
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Your right.  It is just you.  The rest of us realize it's an imperfect world and cope without constantly crying about not getting what you want when you want it.

Relax a bit. Your little toy will be all better soon. (Although you may be down near the bottom of Roku's list of subscribers to receive the newest build).  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Power Light Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

Did you stick recently update to 10.5?  Check from Settings->System->About.  It's probably this issue:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Indicator-Light-Stays-On-After-I...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Goofus
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Dude you need to take the attitude and trolling the h$ll back to Facebook or Twitter where it belongs.  Or maybe you're just drunk or high or whatever -- either way you are not wanted here.