Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmm2734
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same problem with my Roku 3.  I’ve been trying to fix it for days and nothing works.  The unit does get quite warm too and I’m afraid of a fire so I need to unplug daily!  Very inconvenient!!!

Dmm2734
Reel Rookie

Re: Indicator Light Stays On After Installing 10.5 Update

Jump to solution

My unit has been updated to 10.5 but the problem still exists!!  It is very frustrating to have the indicator light on constantly as the unit heats up and makes me worried.  Unplugging daily is not convenient at all!  Please help and address this annoying problem we are all experiencing!!

ogstacey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I unplug mine as well.  Just because it makes me nervous.  I completely understand.  I mean...what if it did overheat and start a fire and cause damage - or even worse, injure someone?  I wonder if I reset to factory defaults if that would fix it.  Does anyone know?  Has anyone tried this?

Dmm2734
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This update doesn’t fix the problem at all.  I have had this unit for years never seeing the indicator light after turning off the television.  It gets very warm and worrisome!  

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny, It’s nice to know that the problem might be fixed in the future,In the real time I have an unusable device after the update 

kato3927
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just have to wait for a new build to the 10.5 update.  Simply unplug it at night if it bothers you.  That's what I've been doing.

chats
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@kato3927 wrote:

Just have to wait for a new build to the 10.5 update.  Simply unplug it at night if it bothers you.  That's what I've been doing.

Erm, as many people have already stated, lots of us use our Roku to fall asleep. So this is not a solution. I'm unplugging mine during the day. But it would be really nice if we had some idea when the new build/s are coming, for the 10.5 update, rather than a vague reference to a new one at some point in the future.

The trouble is, this problem has been marked as "Solved" when it has not in any way been solved.

Dav59
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Finally got a human and not condescending response to the FB message yesterday. I hope they are putting in the effort to get it fixed. 

wasker
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@kato3927Thanks for the tip! Should I also rub two sticks together instead of using a lighter next time I need to get the fire going?

Seriously though - I'm using Roku since 2013, and sleep was always working just fine, until the "10.5 update from the future".

kato3927
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I realize it's a slight inconvenience to unplug the unit in order to prevent the light from taking up all your attention all day & night, but realistically what are your options? Roku says they're working on the issue. Unless you have some information to the contrary that proves they're ignoring the issue, I have to trust that's what they're doing. Contrary to the mass opinions of people today and the preaching of social media, the real world is not the world of immediate gratification to everyone's desires.

Try the steps people are advising here, just unplug the unit each night before bedtime, or replace your Roku with a similar device from another manufacturer. If none of those options work for you, keep crying and ask an adult to help you with your angst.

God... Some people claiming to be adults act like petulant little girls when they don't get what they want when they want it! So with that said; I'll let you have the last word and yes wasker...rub a couple sticks together and get some class man.

0 Kudos