Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Indicator Light Stays On After Installing 10.5 Update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that we understand that there is an issue that you are all are experiencing.

We believe that this issue will be resolved in a future OS 10.5 update. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Dave-H
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny.
My e-mail notification said you wanted our system details, but you seem to have edited your post to remove that.
Do you not need them now?
Cheers,
Dave.
Smiley Happy

kato3927
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hey Danny:

My device info is as follows:

Model: 4630X Premiere+

S/N: YR00FU383980

Current Software Version: 10.5.0 Build 4179-29

Device ID: 7KA6AF383980

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@kato3927 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you using a SD card with your device? Have you already tried the troubleshooting steps I have previously provided in this thread?

With more detailed information, I'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kato3927
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The indicator light goes out after my pre-set screen saver time has elapsed and will stay off as long as the television is left on but within 15 seconds of my turning off the television the light comes on again and stays on until I unplug the power cord. It stays on constantly with the television off.  This condition does not exist on two other devices (both 4630X Premiere+ Roku boxes) in my home with the previous version 10.0 software.

I had a microSD card installed in this unit previously, removed it and reinstalled it with no remedy to the problem.  I reformated the SD card, reinstalled it and still did not remedy the problem.  Currently the SD card is removed from the device

wasker
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The thread is marked as Resolved. What is the ETA for the update with a fix? It's an annoying issue to not have the player to go to standby...

LadyLizzie13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Funny that.  Them knowing it's an issue and not fixing is not resolved in my book.  They really need to fix it to call it resolved 

LadyLizzie13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mine did that but I had it update to 10.5 but it has its own issues where the indicator light won't turn off in any mode other than HDMI for the Roku so since 9-22 and the update I have to unplug it when not in use.  They haven't found the fix yet.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously, we understand that there is an issue that you are all are experiencing.

We believe that this issue will be resolved in a future OS 10.5 update. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Pmae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I believe the fix still needs to be sent as an update so that this can actually be resolved.  The status to the thread says it is resolved, but it is not until there is no more discussion about it in the Community.

Is there a way a Roku Rep can change the status of this so they will continue to monitor our issues.  I understand it is not in Customer Service's hands right now to create the fix but customer service needs to understand you are the lifeline/guarantor for the fix to us.

A date of an approximate rollout fix would be our next request to get some type of answer or this could go on forever.

Or again, I will offer you to buy all 5 of mine back from me( before they actually just fail because they get overheated) and be satisfied to never deal with Roku issues again. 

Or at least give us a phone number that will not hang up on us because our needs are not part of the allowable prompts.