Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBCT
Channel Surfer

Re: The Dreaded 10.5 & 10.5.0 Update

Jump to solution

I'll be as polite as I can because we've been through this Model # question several times. Model # 4200X Roku 3 - Build # 4174-04. Update # 10.5.0 as of this day (October 9, 2021)

Sincerely but Angrily,

Michael

Are you using a simple, standard Roku screensaver? The clock, for instance? Or are you using a purchased or otherwise obtained non-Roku screen saver?
Screen Saver has been the Roku digital Clock for MANY years

Have you restarted your Roku? 
So many times, I've lost count.........

Are any apps other than YouTube having problems?
All installed channels are working with the exception of YouTube and that went KAPUT after the latest update - 10.5.0  

And the problem persists for a LARGE number of Roku users......We've all got the problem, but it appears as though there currently is no solution...... 

0 Kudos
Pmae
Reel Rookie

Re: Indicator Light Stays On After Installing 10.5 Update

Jump to solution

Danny from Roku

it has been some time since your reply to all of us having the same issue with the Roku not going to sleep

Any idea when we will get a real answer

I have five if them and this is unacceptable 

i think Roku needs a buy back program if this does not have a fix

Dave-H
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've had my Roku 3 for years, and it's always worked flawlessly, but now an annoying problem has appeared.

I suddenly noticed that the white light on the front was not going off after I finished using it, as it has always done before.

I tried all the usual resets and reboots, but nothing made any difference.

It seems that the light should go off when the screensaver kicks in.

After a lot of experimenting, it is indeed working correctly when the unit is being viewed, after the preset time with no activity, the screensaver comes on and the light goes out.

Now here's the strange bit! This is all fine as long as I'm looking at the Roku 3 output on the TV, but as soon as I turn the TV off, or select another source, the light comes back on again! It also comes back on if I disconnect the HDMI connector. What's happening is that the screensaver is switching off when I do that, and it never comes back on again unless I select the Roku 3 input on the TV, at which point it all works again!

This has to be a software bug surely, it's never behaved like that before, and it's very annoying as I don't want the bright light under the TV on all the time. Yes I know I can put something over it, but that's hardly a proper solution!

Cheers, Dave.
Smiley Happy

PS Can anyone tell me how to change my avatar here?
If I go to edit my profile and select the avatars tab, it seems to just go to the forum homepage.

0 Kudos
Goofus
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I don't know if anyone from Roku actually patrols these boards, but let's give this a go:

dear roku:

the 10.5 versions 4174-cr and 4181-cr are fixing the exact problems described in this thread!  please push those updates to more users!

the new 'power' tab is where this screensaver///sleep adjustment has to be made, and other builds are not allowing this!

thanks!

Can't hurt to try, right?  I do what I can...   😁

RISE

Jump to solution

I have Roku Ultra 4660X and same here. When will the fix come? I had expected a better response from Roku ad many are experiencing this. Guess if the device burns out they expect I will just order a new one? Glad this Roku is not in the bedroom cause that light would be terrible always on. Not happy with this situation.

Dave76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine is a roku premiere+ 4630X 10.5.0 4174-29 and I have to unplug it when not in use since the os update. Also have an express that does the same thing with the light staying on. Need a fix.

LadyLizzie13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yup, that is the only fix, unplug when not in use. It seems IT either can't be bothered to care or they can't find that one line of code in the update that has triggered this issue. The latter is a large feat and I assume the reason we all still don't have a fix.

Dav59
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here. Sorry it happened to others, but happy it's not just me. Tried factory reset and still happening. Sent FB msg but only auto response so far. Must be the update.

Pmae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It would be nice if Roku customer service phone call would allow a live person with this issue but it hangs up if you want anything besides pay bill or set up

If Roku says to go to website for fixes then the fixes shoukd be there not all of us trying to find an answer

where is Roku customer service , are you monitoring our issues??

chats
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Dav59 wrote:

Same here. Sorry it happened to others, but happy it's not just me. Tried factory reset and still happening. Sent FB msg but only auto response so far. Must be the update.

It's definitely the update.

Immediately before installation, my Roku Streaming Stick+ was acting perfectly normally:

no issues with wireless connection (which is usually "Excellent" and went down to "Good" after the update) no issues with the screensaver, no issues with the Roku staying on when the tv itself is off.

So here's hoping they'll provide a fix SOON!