Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EPogue6
Reel Rookie

Re: Indicator Light Stays On After Installing 10.5 Update

Jump to solution

I greatly appreciate this information I will make it a point to make the change in my settings and see how that works out. 

You are definitely bringing on the information I needed the most

0 Kudos
EPogue6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well unfortunately I do not have anything in my Roku premier Plus that has the word power on it I can go into my settings I can go into system but I have nothing beyond that that has anything to do with my power so it doesn't look like I can fix this I appreciate all the help

kato3927
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That's because it's most likely the model 3900 series box or specifically the 3941R that Goofus has.  It probably has a different menu system with different settings not found on your model.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Only RokuTVs have Power settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
chats
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same exact problem here.

Indicator light only goes out when the TV is on - once TV is off, the light immediately comes on, and stays on forever. The screensaver isn't working either.

Roku really needs to provide a fix!

3810x Roku Streaming Stick+

Goofus
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@renojim wrote:

Only RokuTVs have Power settings.                                                                                  

This is no longer true after the 10.5 update, which is my reason for posting here and trying to help with the identical issue I personally had, which is described in this thread.  In this house, there are three Roku boxes: two 3941RW (Express 4K+), and one 4200X (Roku 3).  One of the 3941RWs got the 10.5 update, after which under SETTINGS///SYSTEM/// there is now "Power" in the list.  It's located under "System Update" and above "Guest Mode".  I just checked the other Rokus that are still running 10.0.xx and "Power" is NOT there.  Under the new "Power" tab in 10.5 is a check box for "After 20 Minutes of No Activity".  This defaults to UNCHECKED after the 10.5 update, and is the reason my power light kept coming on.  Once I checked this box, the Roku behaved as it did before, going into screensaver followed by standby.  I wouldn't have posted these results here had I not found them helpful.  IMG_20211007_132416598.jpg

IMG_20211007_132432486.jpg

Goofus
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Oops... forgot the other two pics.  My bad.  Premature posting (LOL)...IMG_20211007_135008764.jpg

IMG_20211007_135021643.jpg

LadyLizzie13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Bummer, nope, I still don't have it.  I'll keep poking at mine though.  🙂 

I'm not buying a new Roku because my 2 isn't supported, not until I must or this one dies! Haha!  It looks like I'm just a hold out and will have to just keep unplugging it.

0 Kudos
Goofus
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@LadyLizzie13 wrote:

Bummer, nope, I still don't have it.  I'll keep poking at mine though.  🙂 

I'm not buying a new Roku because my 2 isn't supported, not until I must or this one dies! Haha!  It looks like I'm just a hold out and will have to just keep unplugging it.

Did you get the 10.5 update?  SETTINGS///SYSTEM///ABOUT 

It sounds like you haven't because you say it isn't (might not be) supported, but this topic is specifically for "indicator light...after 10.5 update".  Or am I reading that wrong?

Just want to make sure you're looking for help in the right place.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Goofus, thanks for letting me know.  I don't have 10.5 on any of my Rokus yet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos