Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBCT
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Jump to solution

Hi DBDUKES - Model # 4200X - Build #4167-04. Indicator light remains lit constantly when on the homepage, Once I get into a channel (Let's say PBS) and pause the show, the screensaver will then come on and the indicator light will shut off. If I do a restart, while on the Homepage, and let it sit for a minute, the light goes out and the screensaver kicks in - BUT, when I then turn off the TV, the light returns and the unit remains fully on.....Doesn't make much sense. I'm pretty certain it's a flaw with the update, but I'm NO technician.....Maybe someone, like yourself ,can help out. It's simply annoying, sucking up power, and remaining too warm. I Thank You..

Truxel
Reel Rookie

Re: Indicator Light Stays On After Installing 15.0 Update

Jump to solution

Same… I thought I had done something wrong and didn’t realize it auto updated.  Would be cool if this gets fixed in the next intermediate patch.

Aendil
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku will not go to sleep if HDMI is not attached or TV is turned off

Jump to solution

Having the same problem, combined with lagging in a Roku premier

JLee24
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues. Another one I am having is that my screensaver doesn't activate anymore. So the white light on my Roku is on all of the time.

saugust1

Jump to solution

Same problem.  Even tried manual update, but didn't change anything.  Light still on.

LadyLizzie13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I even tried changing order. I unplugged it and disconnected HDMI from both tv and Roku. I then turned tv off. I then tried it but plugging it all together and on with tv on tv mode. No joy. Tried it again but with tv on the mode I use for the Roku. Still not. So I tried with tv off and reconnected and powered up the Roku and still, every time I turn the TV off the Roku wakes up and it gets too hot for me to leave it running.  @RokuDan  any ideas when a fix will be coming?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Indicator Light Stays On After Installing 10.5 Update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

If you have not already, please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

i got this too since the 10.5 update on my roku premium, sometimes it powers off after 10 hours but usually never does, this needs a fix. i won't post serial number publicly, so if needed please let me know and i can direct message it somewhere

0 Kudos
Truxel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model: 4630X

Serial: YR0038500572

Software Version: 10.5.0.4167

Device ID: 7KA733500572

Nothing to reproduce.  The white LED persistently shines no matter how long the device is idle.

0 Kudos
LadyLizzie13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku 2

Model: 4210x

SN: 4A654K012783

Vs: 10.5.0 build 4167-04

Most recent update and restart today 9-29-21 still does it.

To recreate put the roku back to home screen and wait for it to go to sleep, then turn off the TV or change tv modes.  Wait less than a minute and Roku wakes back up (indicator light on) and it won't go back into sleep mode and gets really hot.  Same happens if you leave the tv on the HDMI mode that the Roku is connected to. 

If you turn the tv back on while it's on the HDMI mode and wait the one minute then the Roku will go back to sleep.  But if you turn the tv on from it being in any other AV mode (since Roku is engaged in any other tv mode), it will not sleep until you put the tv back to HDMI mode and wait the one minute..

This only started with 10.5.0 update.