Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPA1000
Channel Surfer

Indicator Light Stays On After Installing 10.5 Update

Jump to solution

When I got home from work last night, the Spectrum app wouldn't play anything, so I checked for updates and an update was installed. Three hours later, I noticed the indicator light was still on when my TV was off. The light was still on when I got up at 7 this morning and when I got home from work today.

I discovered that when my TV is on, Roku will go into the screensaver and the light will go off, but if I turn the TV off, the light will come back on again within a few seconds. I checked again for updates and the only update available was for NFL.

I have a Roku Premere 4620X. Is Roku aware of this glitch?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Indicator Light Stays On After Installing 10.5 Update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously, we understand that there is an issue that you are all are experiencing.

We believe that this issue will be resolved in a future OS 10.5 update. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience with this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved in the newest updates of OS 10.5 build 4185. Please check for software updates on your device by followinng the instructions below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.

• Note: The System update screen displays the current software and build version, along with the date and time of the latest update.

5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

149 REPLIES 149
LadyLizzie13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem started with the Sept 22nd update.  

And if I change tv modes away from the Roku it won't turn off at all, I have to let it sleep then I can switch to tv mode.

FlatEric521
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After the update last night, my Roku will not stay asleep/display screensaver.  When I got up this morning, I found the receiver light on for the Roku in the living room, even though it hadn't been used in hours.

I played with it a bit this morning, and I found that something has changed where if the TV is off, the Roku won't enter or stay in the screensaver.  My current screensaver is the digital clock, and the screensaver time is set to 1 minute.  The screensaver will start if I leave the TV on, but when I turn off the TV, within 15 seconds the light on the receiver turns back on.  When I turn the TV back on, the Roku is no longer displaying the screensaver.

Does anyone have any idea how to get it back to staying in screensaver while the TV is turned off?

Hardware model: Roku Premiere+ (4630X)

Software: 10.5.0  build 4167-29

LadyLizzie13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you,I'd looked for half an hour and only found this post so replied to it instead of posting my own.  

Mine is only a Roku 2 4210X  and a Sharp Aquos TV no issues until the latest update.

MBCT
Channel Surfer

Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Jump to solution

Since the most recent update (10.5) on September 21, 2021 , my Roku will NO LONGER go into standby mode. No matter the number of times I've restarted the unit, unplugged the power, or reset the screen saver, wallpaper, etc...The unit will NOT shut down like it used to. Screensaver timer is set for ONE minute. The Unit stays on constantly 24 hours a day. By the way, it is a Roku 3.....Any help would be appreciated......Thank you All...

Lhtruss

Jump to solution

Same problem.  The light goes off when it goes to screensaver, but if you change to a different input or turn off the television it comes on. Just started in the last few days, very annoying. Any ideas how to fix it?

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku No Longer Goes Into Standby After Latest Update - 10.5

Jump to solution

@MBCT wrote:

Since the most recent update (10.5) on September 21, 2021 , my Roku will NO LONGER go into standby mode. No matter the number of times I've restarted the unit, unplugged the power, or reset the screen saver, wallpaper, etc...The unit will NOT shut down like it used to. Screensaver timer is set for ONE minute. The Unit stays on constantly 24 hours a day. By the way, it is a Roku 3.....Any help would be appreciated......Thank you All...

Just to be clear, which Roku 3? There were two slightly different versions. I have one of them, and could test on mine tonight if I have the same model number you have. Settings > System > About 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
LadyLizzie13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

None yet other than unplugging it every night. 

Hopefully Danny will see this soon and have a fix.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ghariman

Roku will not go to sleep if HDMI is not attached or TV is turned off

Jump to solution

This only started happening recently. I already have had my Roku for > 1 year and never have this problem.

Previously my #Roku Express (3930, 3931 series) would go to sleep/screensaver after the timeout regardless if the TV was turned on or off.
When it goes to sleep/screensaver the little white LED light on front will turn off.

But now, the Roku will only be able go to sleep/screensaver if the TV is turned on.

If the TV is turned off, or if the HDMI is unplugged, then the Roku will go out of sleep and will never get be able to sleep forever.

In fact I even tried: TV is on and make sure the Roku goes to sleep first (LED is off). Then either turning off the TV, or just unplug the HDMI cable from Roku will wake the Roku and then prevent it from going to sleep forever. Only if the TV is turned on again will it be able to go to sleep/screensaver.

Why suddenly my Roku changed it's behavior? Is it due to a software update?

Model: #3930X - Roku Express
Software version: 10.5.0 build 4167-AE
Power: using the wall adapter.

Freytag1

Re: Indicator Light Stays On After Installing 15.0 Update

Jump to solution

I have a roku ultra same problem after last update. thought it was a problem with my unit. Please update if a fix is posted.

0 Kudos