Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Inactivity shut off

My Roku device shuts off/goes to the screen saver mode after about 3 hours of inactivity. I have to leave the TV on for my 95 year old grand mother, who does not understand how to use the remote. I have searched for answers how to fix it so that it continuously stays on. I have tried everything I can find and nothing is working?? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!  TIA

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Inactivity shut off

Disabling the screensaver in Settings should prevent that from happening.  Are you sure the TV doesn't have a screensaver of its own?  When it appears to to shut off/go to screensaver mode, is the light on the Roku box off or on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@amd1785 Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried the suggestion noted above to disable screensaver, and double checked that you do not have 'bandwidth saver' enabled in Settings>Network? 

If so, and the issue persists:

- What specific model # of Roku device is this behavior occurring on? (Settings>System>About)

- What brand and model of TV in the Roku device connected to? 

- What streaming channel(s) is being watched when this behavior occurs? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Has this issue been solved?  My Roku Premiere does the same thing: black screen when turning on the TV after a long (3+ hours?) time off.  The Roku is plugged into the wall, not the TV.   Screensaver disabled, Bandwidth Saver is off.  Trying to constantly stream using the Xfinity Stream app.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Try going into Themes and then to screensaver then disabling it from there. 

I hope that solves it for you.  We just did this at my office for the picture slideshow that we do in the reception area.  Good luck!

0 Kudos