Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I want different channels on my multiple devices

Jump to solution
I own three devices and one is for my son's room andnone for the kids playroom. When I linked those 2 devices to my account they copied all the channels the one in my wife's and my room. There are channels we do not want the kids to have access too (ie. HBO). I cannot find a way to have a specific channel on my device only. Can anyone help?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: I want different channels on my multiple devices

Jump to solution

@Jm23pass  Thanks for the note. Roku accounts are designed to mirror channels across all supported devices on your account. If you want separate channel experiences, you'll need to link a secondary device to a different Roku account. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Jm23pass  Thanks for the note. Roku accounts are designed to mirror channels across all supported devices on your account. If you want separate channel experiences, you'll need to link a secondary device to a different Roku account. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Do I have to pay for the subscription channels twice when I set up the second Roku account?  Can the same credit card and billing information be the same on the separate accounts?  Honestly, this seems like a poor design on Roku’s part!  A parent should be able to have the ability to not allow some channels on some Rokus. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Charlie5 

Thanks for the note.

If you have multiple Roku accounts, they can have the same credit card and billing address on file. If you need devices to have different channels, we would recommend simply creating a separate Roku account for the device.

For more information about having multiple Roku devices, visit our Support page here: Do I need a separate Roku account for each of my Roku® streaming devices?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is a stupid solution. I wish I hadn't purchased a second device. Why on earth would you assume someone wants every channel on every device? God, I used to talk up roku. But since the R3 I don't you've made a good decision. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm so annoyed. I delete a bunch of channels I'll never user on one device and suddenly they're deleted everywhere. This isn't a feature. It's a terrible UI decision. I hate chromecast, but it's better than two Rokus apparently.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku streaming devices and at first I created one account for both but I couldn’t control them separately so I unlinked the devices and deactivated the account and although I created separate accounts, when I try to use one of the remotes it affects what I am doing on the other TV. In order to use only one device I have to completely unplug and disconnect the other one. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

First, always state the model numbers (not names) of the devices when you're asking for help.  Depending on what you have, you can use two Wi-Fi remotes or one Wi-Fi remote and one IR remote with a piece of tape covering the IR sensor of the device that utilizes the Wi-Fi remote.

0 Kudos