Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I think I need a new Roku but I don't know which one to get? Help!

Jump to solution

I'm not sure where to post this? I believe I need a new Roku but I can't figure out which one to get. My Roku is pretty old, Model 2710X. Not long ago it started doing something odd. When I start any streaming channel at first there is some weird thing that goes down the left hand side of the tv screen, like moving bands? If I go in to System Restart it corrects itself and I can then watch different programs with no problem but every night when I turn the tv on again this happens and I have to do System Restart. I am assuming I need a new player. Also one channel, Gaia, I could not even get for streaming on my old Roku. If I need a new one I will be glad to buy a new one but I don't know what to get. I looked at the streaming stick but on the back of my tv my Roku is plugged into an HDMI port and it looks like the streaming stick plugs into a usb port and I don't see one of those on my tv? My tv is 10 years old. It looks like maybe the Roku Express would be the closest thing to what I have but I wanted to be sure first. I am a disabled senior citizen living on Social Security and I can't afford the $99 one. I wanted to call and talk to someone but I can't find a phone number anywhere. Please help me.

Thanks,

Maitri L.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I think I need a new Roku but I don't know which one to get? Help!

Jump to solution

@maitrilibellule 

Thanks for the inquiry.

All of the Roku devices will plug directly into your TV using the HDMI port, except for the Roku Express+ (models 3710/3910) which can also use the composite ports. The TV USB ports can sometimes be used to power the device if you choose not to use the provided wall adapter.

For more information about the Roku devices and to compare the differences between the models, visit our Products page here: Roku Streaming Players

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I think I need a new Roku but I don't know which one to get? Help!

Jump to solution

@maitrilibellule 

Thanks for the inquiry.

All of the Roku devices will plug directly into your TV using the HDMI port, except for the Roku Express+ (models 3710/3910) which can also use the composite ports. The TV USB ports can sometimes be used to power the device if you choose not to use the provided wall adapter.

For more information about the Roku devices and to compare the differences between the models, visit our Products page here: Roku Streaming Players

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos