Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pirate
Level 7

I need to NOT see a certain ad.

Jump to solution

When I see a certain ad, my day is ruined. I know there will be ads on ROku, that's ok, but, like unwanted ones online from google, you can choose not to see a certain ad anymore. I want to shoot the TV when I see one of the ads that float by after the roku has been on a while, you know, the purple night skyline, or whatever. How can I get rid of that, and just see all the other ads?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: I need to NOT see a certain ad.

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out!

There is no option to not see a particular ad, but I would recommend going into Settings>Screensaver and choosing a different screensaver that doesn't display ads. This may help alleviate some of the issue for you. I'll pass the suggestion along to the team.  

Hope that helps! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out!

There is no option to not see a particular ad, but I would recommend going into Settings>Screensaver and choosing a different screensaver that doesn't display ads. This may help alleviate some of the issue for you. I'll pass the suggestion along to the team.  

Hope that helps! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

Pirate
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tanner you are saving my life. Trying it now...You are awesome. I knew all that and forgot since going through the options when first got ROKU. I just thought when seeing the ads, they had taken away my freedom. Oh no, I've been trained. I used the clock before of course. But the weather screensaver is new and awesome. Lots of options. Ads too.

Thank you so much I am a happy boy don't have to look at Brooke Burke

Smiley Happy

Pirate