Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

I need a self-sufficient roku device

My Samsung "smart" TV is 5 years old. It's never really been all that intelligent, but it's getting slower and glitchier day by day.

I'm looking for a streaming device that runs its own apps and just sends a video feed to the TV display.

I realize this is a weird question, but if you've ever watched a movie with the audio intermittently going silent, you'll know my pain. Or how it consistently takes at least 3 seconds for the show to freeze after you've pressed pause.

Will any of the Roku devices fill my need, or will my dumb TV get in the way?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 13

Re: I need a self-sufficient roku device

Yes, all of the roku streaming devices will do that.   Find the wifi or ethernet features you want: https://www.roku.com/products/compare

Alternatively, an Apple TV, Amazon fire stick or cube, or Android TV device would work as well with slight differences in the features and apps they support.

But, just guessing - your problem may be your internet or wifi speed instead of the app the TV is running.

0 Kudos