Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twotreks
Reel Rookie

I have two 3920x models, one updated to OS10, the other did not

One of my Premieres is stuck on 9.4.0 build 4210 while the other got the OS10 update. The one with OS10 runs better now than the one that won't update. Anyone else having this issue? Anyway to force the update to the newer OS10?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have two 3920x models, one updated to OS10, the other did not

Nope. That happens. It's how it is. Updates are not by model number, nor are they by user account. You'll get the update on all your devices then they happen.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
twotreks
Reel Rookie

I looked in one of the secret menus and saw that the 9.4 Premiere is on the "release" server and the 10.0 Premiere is on the "beta" server do you know if a factory reset will get me the beta server by default? 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

It might, but I'm not gonna recommend that. I'd only do something like that under one of two conditions:

1. Roku tells you to (@RokuDanny-R)
  2. You accept any and all consequences of anything it screws up

Other than those conditions, I'd say don't do it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos