Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I have a Roku 2 device. Is this item still valid (I used it back in 11-26-2015)

Jump to solution

The TV is a VIZIO.  I haven't used this setup since 2015 (I know, it was my wife's TV and she passed away from cancer).  Now the TV in the other room isn't working for now so, I'm trying to connect the other TV in the bedroom.  There is a message on the screen "not support!'  It sounds like the model cannot be used any more.  Does anybody have a clue what's going on?  HELP!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I have a Roku 2 device. Is this item still valid (I used it back in 11-26-2015)

Jump to solution

@bobnhra 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on the device, and trying to set it up again on your current TV. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I have a Roku 2 device. Is this item still valid (I used it back in 11-26-2015)

Jump to solution

@bobnhra 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on the device, and trying to set it up again on your current TV. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

You are a god send!

It worked, the paper clip "reset" worked like a charm!

Thanks for everything...

Yours,

Bob

0 Kudos