Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dawg4Life
Level 7

I can't watch my channels with my Roku Streaming Stick

I've had Roku for several years but always thought I had to be sitting in front of my television to actually use it. I purchased an Express Streaming Stick last weekend and set it up with no problems. However, I've tried to use the Streaming Stick to watch my channels when away from home but instead cannot. Several years ago I had a stroke, and my wife told me that I sometimes have trouble processing things. But I can't get my Streaming Stick to work when I'm not at home and I really wish I could. Can anybody help me, and explain this in a way I can understand? Thank you.
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: I can't watch my channels with my Roku Streaming Stick

I don't believe this is possible. What exactly are you trying to do? Please give details. What do you mean, away from home? Watching it on a mobile device, another TV? How are you trying to accomplish this?
0 Kudos
Dawg4Life
Level 7

I am trying to use Roku to watch my channels on my iPhone 6plus when I am not at home but can't seem to do this. It would be like watching Roku while on vacation.
0 Kudos

That's not possible. The mobile app merely is a remote control. It isn't a streamer.
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

But you can put the stick in any HDMI Port (on a TV Set or monitor), connect it to a WiFi network nearby and watch that way.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

"Dawg4Life" wrote:
I am trying to use Roku to watch my channels on my iPhone 6plus when I am not at home but can't seem to do this. It would be like watching Roku while on vacation.

Not possible..

You can install Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime video, etc on your iPhone, and watch programs you would normally watch on their equivilant Roku channels, but you can't stream the content that's going directly to your Roku to another device at the same time. Make sense?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Dawg4Life
Level 7

Scottiepie, Dubtaylor and Jeffrok,

Thank you for your knowledgable insight. By trying to watch Roku on my iPhone 6plus I was trying to do something that my equipment wouldn't allow me to do. I read parts of the Roku web page that stated "streaming" and believed I could do this but, alas, I couldn't.
0 Kudos