Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: I can't get 1080 resolution on Sony Grand Wega

Jump to solution

The first Roku model that was capable of 1080 progressive was the Roku 2 XD 3050, released back in July 2011 during Roku’s 2nd Generation.  The last Roku model that could only support up to 720 progressive was the Roku LT 2700, released back in September 2013 during Roku’s 3rd Generation.

The only Roku model that never supported progressive resolutions at all was the SD N1050 (released back in October 2009 during the very first generation of Rokus); that one was only capable of 480 interlaced because it only had the analog composite output which can only do 480i (NTSC) or 576i (PAL).

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
duddly
Channel Surfer

Re: I can't get 1080 resolution on Sony Grand Wega

Jump to solution

This makes sense and explains my 1080 issue of compatibility.  I see it appears a 1080I model is not available.  In any case I can appreciate your assistance therefor I wish to thank you and everyone for your help.  Waste of time searching for a different player.  I was thinking wrong, I guess there is no 1080I model, I guess all responses were clear on this. I guess I will run at 720P.  I was initially confused about my set because obviously is does 720P.