Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Hulu no longer supporting my Roku model

Jump to solution
Hello, Hulu informed me they will no longer be supporting my model Roku along with: Roku Streaming Stick (3400X, 3420X), Roku LT (2400X, 2450X),Roku HD, 2HD, 2 XD, 2 XS (2500X, 3000X, 3050X, 3100X). The model I want to buy, Roku express, is not on the list, but want to confirm Hulu will be supported? And to set up the new device with my current channels, do I just log into my existing accounts on the new device?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: Hulu no longer supporting my Roku model

Jump to solution

All current Roku's should support Hulu, along with those no more than 2-3 years old. And yes, just log in with your current account to authorize the new device.

To be safe, if you get a new Roku, be VERY careful when linking it to your Roku account. NEVER use Siri/HeyGoogle. NEVER simply click on a link that pre-fills in your browser address bar. Use these two links:

https://www.roku.com/

https://my.roku.com/link

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

All current Roku's should support Hulu, along with those no more than 2-3 years old. And yes, just log in with your current account to authorize the new device.

To be safe, if you get a new Roku, be VERY careful when linking it to your Roku account. NEVER use Siri/HeyGoogle. NEVER simply click on a link that pre-fills in your browser address bar. Use these two links:

https://www.roku.com/

https://my.roku.com/link

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

After 6/24/20 will Hulu support Roku Express. I don't know the year I bought it and can't find that by googling the serial number

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

From the main menu, go to Settings/System/About. The model number is is listed there. Only the 4 digit number is important. The letters after that are just how it was sold.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

May I ask for suggestions on what Roku I should order to replace my #3050X in order to simply watch TV?  Yes, I want Hulu, which seems to have precipitated this necessity for change.  We're not into gaming or anything fancy, just a simple box to provide the basics.  Thanks so much for your advice -- I look forward to hearing from you very soon.   ~~Ann

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Ann,

I purchased the Roku Express a few weeks ago but am having issues with Hulu. It has been a constant issue, you can read through the thread. I don't game or watch traditional "live" tv, only stream. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a roku express model 3930X and still having trouble with HULU

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

So I guess I'm wrong in thinking my older model express is the issue??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

Even the original Express (3700) is less than 4 years old. It is still a supported device by Roku, and lack of support is usually why a provider will drop older devices. There's likely something else occurring. Either Hulu has a problem with their app/channel, or Hulu is having issues at their end. This does happen, even with other devices. Amazon had a big problem with the Nvidia Shield for a number of months. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

thank you for the feedback.  

0 Kudos