Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lamp2674
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen Mirroring 32" Roku TV

I had contacted roku support 3 weeks ago, gave them all the info even had to give them a screenshot of where the mirroring is supposed to be in the settings(probably cuz they thought I was blind or didn't believe me) and all they said in the end is they'll look into it....... and still waiting.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Lamp2674 wrote:

I had contacted roku support 3 weeks ago, gave them all the info even had to give them a screenshot of where the mirroring is supposed to be in the settings(probably cuz they thought I was blind or didn't believe me) and all they said in the end is they'll look into it....... and still waiting.

Unfortunately you'll just have to wait longer for a firmware update for the fix.

Aside from that, your only recourse is a factory reset, but theres no guarantee that will work to restore the screen mirroring functionality (and you'd have to re-register the device/activate all the apps).

steppinthrax
Channel Surfer

Still nothing.  This is somewhat frustrating since I bought this TV with the primary purpose of wireless screen mirroring during the pandemic.  I used to be a Android TV user but switched back to Roku.  

I'm considering returning this TV back and getting just an android box like I had before.  They are opened source and the big community will quickly come out with a software update.  Instead of this closed off environment. 

Dias0106

This really **bleep**ing sucks! Roku fix your cheap ass **bleep**! 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Dias0106 wrote:

This really **bleep**ing sucks! Roku fix your cheap ass **bleep**! 

Assuming you experience the same issue and recently bought an ONN TV, consider returning it.

Just to be clear, ONN is Walmart's in-house brand - Walmart makes ONN TV's so you need to direct your ire to them.

Otherwise, a Roku SE/HD/Express/4K (from Walmart) should suffice to provide Miracast screen mirrroring in the meantime.

You'll also want to contact Roku using the previously provided contact information.

0 Kudos
ramading

Any update on this?

And yes, the screen mirroring was removed.

This is so frustrating.

0 Kudos
l3ylaf0rd

I'm also dealing with the same issue with the same exact model tv. It is way past the date for me to return it so I sadly have to keep it. I haven't been able to find a solution nor has Roku or Walmart even attempted to help me solve this. Also to be very clear on my issues. 

I have a Samsung device that I've used to screen mirror on my device before but no longer can.

My TV used to have the screen mirroring options in the settings page but it has literally disappeared and the only option remotely close to screen mirroring is "Apple play and Homekit" which obviously I can't use

even using a 3rd party app to mirror my phone to my tv doesn't work. it's almost as if Roku removed the option for androids to mirror. 

Hopefully someone figures something out or Roku or onn gets back to someone because I am really upset about this.

0 Kudos
steppinthrax
Channel Surfer

I gave up on it and just bought a separate Roku box.  It actually is better since it's much faster than the one that's built into the TV.  I'm not sure what's going on with them but this is the reason why I went Android in the first place, these type of issues.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

onn is Wal-mart's custom brand, made to Wal-mart's specifications.  Typically they remove one or two Roku features they deem unnecessary to pare costs.

See this post from @StreamerUser : https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Screen-mirroring-issues-on-Andro...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
steppinthrax
Channel Surfer

Here's the problem with that.  When I originally bought the TV it had screen mirroring.  It had it for several months until an update. 2nd issue, you can no longer add a remote.  I had an enhanced voice remote attached.  After the update I could only use the infra-red remote. 

0 Kudos