Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to reply to "Roku is no longer a neutral platform"

I was looking at "https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-Discussions/Roku-is-no-longer-a-neutral-platform-after-today..." to suggest that ROKU post their terms of service and commit to a fully open platform with an add on charge commitment, but I did not see how to add this thought as a reply, I did not "Read The Fuzzy Manual" .... So my topic is:

1) How to add a reply to an existing topic.

2) Would ROKU post their Terms and Conditions for adding a new channel and their command as to why Peacock and HMO max are not available and what, who, and when they will be available?

3) Would ROKU commit to setting a maximum price (Cost of living increased) to permit a channel to be added?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: How to reply to "Roku is no longer a neutral platform"

Would NBC Peacock or HBO Max be willing to publicly post the conditions they would require to be met before they will provide Roku with a working channel app for use on the Roku platform? I think not.

These are business discussions and (just as we've seen over the last few years in the deadlocks between channel providers and cable and satellite systems) neither side cares a whit about the effect on their customers or potential customers when the issues affect the long tem effect on their bottom lines. They'll eventually come to some agreement when each side thinks they've got all they can squeeze out of the other side.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: How to reply to "Roku is no longer a neutral platform"

But Roku used to be the device to recommend for people who wanted to avoid the frequent wars among Apple/Amazon/Google with associated content or app blockage.   It is too bad they have ruined that reputation.

0 Kudos