Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CD23
Reel Rookie

How to keep event wallpaper

Jump to solution

I'm really liking the new Happy Streaming Day wallpaper. Is there a way I can keep it? They only had the Spring one up for a short time and did not make it available for permanent use. I would like to find a way to have them both.

Thanks for any info.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mercymanic
Binge Watcher

Re: How to keep event wallpaper

Jump to solution

Hey, I just looked and Happy Streaming Day is now listed as Roku Originals, and Happy Spring 2021 is available for download too. Sweet!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mercymanic
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same I want to keep the new streaming day wallpaper with all its swirly purple goodness.

I would also REALLY like to see Happy Spring come back as well.

I'm not sure why Roku stopped making the seasonals available after the season ends when much older ones are still available.

mercymanic
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hey, I just looked and Happy Streaming Day is now listed as Roku Originals, and Happy Spring 2021 is available for download too. Sweet!

CD23
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks so much! I was able to download the Spring 2021. I hope the current one stays for permanent use.

Aziraphale

WHY can't we keep "featured" themes/wallpapers?

Jump to solution

What it says on the tin. Is there an actual REASON we can't keep most of the "featured" wallpapers? I get a lot of people don't like them at all, but they have the choice to reset ones they don't like or turn off the feature alltogether.

But I happen to LIKE some of the wallpapers, like the recent Loki one (which JUST showed up on mine 2day, despite being on bfs for a couple days now & I just know it'll be gone tomorrow 4 June fourteenth, which they've made a whole theme you can keep for).

But for real most of their themes/wallpapers SUCK & are way out of date. I mean it they had no branded ones you could choose permanently that'd be one thing but they have the most random permanent ones. Like Sons of Anarchy!! Like I loved the show too but it's been off the air over SEVEN YEARS! Plus the theme is ugly. So I get to keep that but no Loki, when Disney is clearly paying them to shill. And GoT goes off air & they immediately get rid of the theme song to find remote.

I just don't get it. There's no rhyme or reason. I honestly think they ask themselves "is this theme good? Yes? Well they can only have it a couple days. Mwuahaha!".

I mean you already put the labour in to make it, why not let us keep it, thus improving the customization from tragic to tolerable? Honestly...

/ END RANT

Re: WHY can't we keep "featured" themes/wallpapers?

Jump to solution

I agree! I really loved the Christmas 2021 theme and now it's gone.  😭Very disappointed.   I would have put it back on after the new years eve one disappeared.    The customer should have an option to save them to use them afterwards.