Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of the computer voice speaking all the movie descriptions and ads and so on?

Jump to solution

Some time ago I started having this problem. A computer voice is reading aloud all the movie descriptions, ads and just pretty much everything what I can see on the screen. How can I get rid of that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to get rid of the computer voice speaking all the movie descriptions and ads and so on?

Jump to solution

@77777 

Two ways.

Settings > Accessibility > Audio Guide > Off

or

Press Options four times. That's likely how it toggled on.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to get rid of the computer voice speaking all the movie descriptions and ads and so on?

Jump to solution

@77777 

Two ways.

Settings > Accessibility > Audio Guide > Off

or

Press Options four times. That's likely how it toggled on.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

thank you so much..... this was so annoying!

songbird
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oh, I hope this works.  That awful voice has been driving me crazy!!!

0 Kudos
songbird
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

OMG!  I finally got rid of that awful voice.  I have been working on it for DAYS...HOURS!!!

Drove me crazy!  

Thank you for your help.... it is gone!

4Door

Jump to solution

I tried the first method which gave me the option to turn the voice off but even though there was a check mark  for  "off" that annoying woman's voice continued to speak.  I could not find an active "option" button to push and was not able to use that second method.

0 Kudos
4Door

Jump to solution

Thanks a bunch for the guidance.  I tried successfully the second method  (i.e. hitting the Options button four time while in the "Roku Home " page) and got rid of that annoying voice). Some how Roku should have that message prominently displayed.

0 Kudos