Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougherj

How to get Smugmug personal account on Roku Photos app

Smugmug has always been a problem on Roku.  Smugmug staff are Apple Fanboys and never give much time to other venues.  There was an earlier Smugmug app on Roku (seems to be deprecated now) which was dreadful. 

I recently found the Roku Photos App on my device.  It promises to "Explore photos from your favorite service on your TV.  Link your Roku player to your service account . . ."  When I go there, even better, it already seems to find public Smugmug photos.  But when I go to "Add Account", only my Flickr account (I have the Flickr app installed) shows up.  Very frustrating.  Clearly, Roku has a link to Smugmug but I don't understand why I can't link my account.  Am I missing an obvious link????  Anyone successful in linking Smugmug account to this app?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to get Smugmug personal account on Roku Photos app

I'm seriously considering creating a new Roku app for SmugMug. Let me know if you're interested here: http://survey.smugmug-roku.com

Mettasong

Re: How to get Smugmug personal account on Roku Photos app

Please do! I'd LOVE a Roku/SmugMug app to exist again. I keep coming back, researching for some Roku / SmugMug app. I had the old one and feel so lost now that it is gone. I bought an old, used outdated AppleTV just so I could connect my laptop and SmugMug account to my TV and watch on the big screen... but considering that I mainly use Roku... it's a pretty cumbersome setup. I was hoping that AirPlay on Roku would work w/ SmugMug, but alas, I'm having no luck with that either. 

Tags (4)