Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayseahymn
Reel Rookie

Re: Can’t get out of guest mode

Jump to solution

I have factory reset multiple tries, still locked into guest mode. Note this TV is in our rental property and was working fine. It is no longer showing up in my account. I know the pin but it says a problem connecting to server when trying to exit guest mode, my guess is due to not listed in my account?

I've pulled power, plugged in, did not power on, held reset for at least 30 sec went through the full reset and update, many times. Always same issue. Trying to start a new rental timeframe says same thing, problem connecting to server.

Network is fine, test from the TV via network connection fine, full reset connects fine.

This is a new TV just a few months old. I have 6 in this rental, all TCL roku and they are fine.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jayseahymn 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to sign out of Guest Mode, visit our Support page here: Let visitors sign into your Roku with Guest Mode

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jayseahymn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you Danny... but this does not work. The TV is bricked. The TV is no longer showing up in my account, it is gone. Whenever I try to log out of guest mode says not able to connect - again makes sense as that TV is no longer in my account. Likewise, I've performed the full reset multiple times. I get the pink screen, enter network, it connects and runs update, appears to do full reset but goes right back into guest mode.

Do you have any help on this situation?

The full reset is NOT removing guest mode. Is there any other thing to try? Likewise, is there any other way to get this TV back into my account? It appears to me that the full reset is not a full reset. Can you push out an update specific to my TV to do a full reset? Do you have a direct email or way I can contact for further assistance?

0 Kudos
JohnCC

Jump to solution

Good job. this worked for me to fix this problem for tenant

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This still doesn't work for me. I select English for the language, the thing "updates", and them I'm taken back to guest mode again. Which I can't get out of. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @lhochstein08

Thanks for reaching out. 

It looks like you were in recent contact with our Support team. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would be best able to assist you moving forward. 

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Radarpei

Re: How to exit guest mode when device says 'invalid PIN'

Jump to solution

How do I get out of guest mode says invalid pin  

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Radarpei

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

If you're experiencing difficulty exiting Guest Mode, it may be best to perform a factory reset on your Roku device and then set it up again. When executing a factory reset, be sure to press and hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds, regardless of what's visible on the screen.

To learn more about performing a factory reset, please visit our Support page by clicking on this link: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
dsalling
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well, I had the same issue. Pin is not valid. Unfortunately, my roku account does not list my TV, so I performed both a soft reset (pulling the plug for a minute) and a hard reset(using toothpick to press reset button).  Three different methods and all 3 failed - still stuck in Guest Mode **bleep**.

0 Kudos
dsalling
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tried everything. This worked.

0 Kudos