Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kingzulu1
Channel Surfer

Re: Can’t get out of guest mode

Jump to solution

Did you get true 

0 Kudos
Kingzulu1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem am I'm not connected to no roku account 

0 Kudos
JamesAutoDude
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Kingzulu1 

Only way is to reset the Roku completely and start over. There's a reset button on the back, you'll have to use a paper clip or a tooth pick to hold in the button. Once the Roku restarts you can let go and should be reset to normal (including removing the Roku account that caused guest mode)

0 Kudos
Kingzulu1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That doesn't work 

0 Kudos
JamesAutoDude
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Kingzulu1 

Hmmm you may have to hold it longer. Another option is to see if you can exit guest mode, especially if you never attached a Roku account. Usually it's somewhere in the settings under "guest mode"

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kingzulu1

Thanks for the posts.

As @JamesAutoDude mentioned, if you are unable to get out of Guest Mode, it would probably be best to perform a factory reset on your Roku device and set it up again. When performing a factory reset, make sure to press and hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds, regardless of what is happening on screen.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kingzulu1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did you ever get out of guest mode an if yes how you did it

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kingzulu1

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

You can follow the instructions at the bottom part of this Support page to know how you can exit Guest Mode: How do I set up Guest Mode on my Roku® streaming device?

If that doesn't work, I would recommend @RokuDanny-R's suggestion in his post above.

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Wilsob291

Re: Cant Get Out Guest Mode

Jump to solution

Ever get this fixed?  I just did the same exact thing. Deactivated account while the was in guest mode. Trapped!!!   It won’t let me do anything.  Even the factory reset takes me back to guest mode

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cant Get Out Guest Mode

Jump to solution

@Wilsob291 

Just wanted to confirm that you did the factory reset by, with power applied, pressing the RESET button for no less than 30 seconds. That part is important.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos