Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Youngerl
Reel Rookie

How to exit guest mode when device says 'invalid PIN'

Jump to solution

I’m not sure how I got signed out in the first place, but now my account is in guest mode and I am unable to switch out. I’ve tried to exit but it says I’m entering an invalid PIN. Thanks for any help! 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: How to exit guest mode when device says 'invalid PIN'

Jump to solution

@Youngerl  Thanks for the note. You can see the instructions for exiting Guest Mode here.

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
39 REPLIES 39
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Youngerl  Thanks for the note. You can see the instructions for exiting Guest Mode here.

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Youngerl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tanner-

thanks! But I’ve followed that guide step by step several times. It continues to tell me my pin in invalid. I’ve even changed my pin several times. This is what is keeping my device in guest mode 

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Youngerl Thanks for clarifying. Have you verified that the Roku device that you are using is linked to the same Roku account that you are changing the PIN for? When you log into my.roku.com, does this device appear in your 'linked devices' section? (You can look at the bottom or side of your device to see the serial number or device ID. You would verify that the last 4 or so digits of the serial number match a device in your 'linked devices' section.)

If yes, and changing your PIN isn't working to allow you to exit Guest Mode, the only next step I can suggest would be to perform a factory reset on the unit. This will remove all data, channels, and login information from the device, and should allow you to set it up again. You can see the steps for this on our support site.

Please keep us posted if you need more help from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
cssiwrrn

Re: Can’t get out of guest mode

Jump to solution

The device went straight to Guest Mode when I hooked it up. It never gave me the chance to set it up to my account. It tells me my PIN is not valid and the device won't let you do a factory reset in guest mode.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Use one of these methods to factory reset you unit.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Terronda45

Jump to solution

That didn't help at all the topic is can't get out of guest mode

0 Kudos
carol67

Jump to solution

cant get out of guest mode

0 Kudos
Klaforest

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue of  not being able to get out of guest mode.  I didn't do anything different, just turned it on the other day and it was on the screen to start streaming as a guest.  I can't get to any other screen without setting an end date.  The same exact thing just happened today at my daughter's house. Turned it on and it was on the guest mode screen.  We put a date like 2 years out, but annoying that we have to add back all our channels and log back into everything.   Would like to know why this happened. 

0 Kudos
Jdecker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem, and my tv is not linked to my account.

0 Kudos