Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: How to disable devices from "casting" on my Roku TV

"twiceover" wrote:
  That's a huge liability for the landlord.

Who downloaded those unicorn nature shows? Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How to disable devices from "casting" on my Roku TV

@DBDukes wrote:
"kissklas" wrote:
I have the same problem. Every time the neighbour starts Netflix, my cast to Roku is stopped and the Netflix channel is started.

Is there a way to atleast rename the device? If they are even selecting the device at all...

When I launch Netflix on my iPhone, the option to cast to my Roku appears only if I'm on the same network. When I switch my phone to my other network, my Roku doesn't appear. That indicates that the two devices must be on the same network, as Roku says on their support Website.

So, that indicates your Roku and your neighbor's mobile device are on the same network. Meaning either he's riding your network, or you're riding his.

That's actually not how the Roku casting works.  It uses Direct Wifi so if you are close enough you can connect whether you are on the same network or not.  They negotiate and talk directly.