Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TylerScheid
Reel Rookie

How to change which app Google Home launches TV shows

Jump to solution

I want to use my Google home to get my Roku to play a certain show from Netflix, but whenever I ask it to play, it plays the show on Hulu. I have Hulu with ads, so obviously if the show is on both services, I'd rather play it through Netflix.

I've tried "Play [show] on Netflix," but it still plays it from Hulu. Is there a way to get around this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to change which app Google Home launches TV shows

Jump to solution

@TylerScheid

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that using your voice to launch Netflix, or access and interact with Netflix content is not currently supported when using the Roku skill for Alexa. 

For more information regarding Google Home with your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I use Amazon Alexa to control my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Related topics that you might find helpful:

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to change which app Google Home launches TV shows

Jump to solution

@TylerScheid

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that using your voice to launch Netflix, or access and interact with Netflix content is not currently supported when using the Roku skill for Alexa. 

For more information regarding Google Home with your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I use Amazon Alexa to control my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny