Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricoswave
Binge Watcher

Re: Airplay and casting video don't work on Roku Express 4k+ 3941x running 10.5.0

Some patch just came out today that fixed screen mirroring on my iPhone for my onn roku tv.  Have not checked my other devices but you all might want to update software and check if this is a universal fix.  Fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
CJ727

Re: Airplay and casting video don't work on Roku Express 4k+ 3941x running 10.5.0

I am having the same issue! Have they figured out what is wrong? I have several ROKU devices throughout my home and this particular ROKU EXPRESS 4K+ is the only one that won’t work with AirPlay

0 Kudos
Not applicable

We are having the same issue. We just got our two Roku Expewss4k+. We were able to screen mirror from our iPhone and iPad one time and now we have the same issue everyone else has. My phone asks for a code that is not displayed on the screen and we get the airplay screen which changes to black. We are considering the Rokus since we have had them less than a week  

0 Kudos
brotatori
Channel Surfer

so is this ever going to be fixed? still happens on one of my tvs. in guessing i should sell it and get a new non roku tv then

0 Kudos
Umageddon

Like was said before set your router to Wireless security setting 'WPA2' and dont use WPA3 -- works like a charm again!

thanks!!!

0 Kudos
brotatori
Channel Surfer

no i already am in wpa2. 

I gave up im using homebridge now to control the tvs

but airplay does work ok now

0 Kudos
Villarreal

Re: Black screen when screen mirroring since 10.5.0 update

Something is wrong with ruku #express with #iPhone #AirPlay code H8-101-833… does not allow me to airplay my AppleTV content. The thing is that Roku didn’t work well with my iPhone Airplay since a week ago and now it does not appears like an option to find an accessory to add to the #HomeKit. My Roku Express is the 3930RW series X004006H1TH8 (S009206H1TH8) Software 10.5.0 Compilation 4208-AE. … And other thing: the roku content #sound is not longer transmited to the #Bluetooth sound devices conected to my #iPhone when I use the#Private #Listening

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with Airplay, can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Can you provide screenshots of what you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brotatori
Channel Surfer

just so everyone knows this still wasn’t fixed in the 11.0 update.

I have been using home Bridge to control my TVs. Airplay does work perfectly fine now.

I decided to test the built in HomeKit again, and sure enough one of my TVs dropped off after five minutes and it was still slow and buggy for both. I don’t think they are ever  going to fix this. I’m sure support is instructed not to treat this as a big issue as well. so they just keep asking the generic questions.  That’s all right. My next smart TV will not be a Roku.. 

0 Kudos