Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Express screen mirroring not working

I just got the roku, there is no fix online and no way to contact support on this. I tried to screen mirror the first time and it would work but no audio. I updated the roku and now when it mirrors it's  completely frozen on whatever screen the phone is on. Please help me and thank you

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express screen mirroring not working

@Jgonzalez23

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify how you are trying to screen mirror? Are you using Airplay?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mnw999
Streaming Star

10.5 broke Airplay/HomeKit on all my TVs

Both my TCL Roku TV's updated to 10.5 build 4021, automatically last night. 

Airplay settings just flashes Airplay logo then crashes to Home Screen. HomeKit reports devices as "Not Responding".

Any ideas? I've done everything short of a factory reset.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 10.5 broke Airplay/HomeKit on all my TVs

@mnw999

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mnw999
Streaming Star

@RokuDanny-R 

I know you are just doing your due diligence, but this is obviously a widespread issue affecting a range of Roku TVs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeKit/comments/qw3ac7/tcl_roku_tv_update_broke_homekitairplay/

Both of my (different model) TCL Roku TVs have exact same issue and behavior following the automatic update. Let me know if you need the other as well.

Here's the 43":

TCL43S515, YS0008935889 FRU870935889 10.5.0 4201-30

89-464-499

No steps needed to reproduce "No Response" in HomeKit. Settings > Apple Airplay and HomeKit > Crashes to Home Screen

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
_Xena_
Streaming Star

[OS 10.5] Roku TCL 32" won't screen cast, 10.5 update

Ever since my Roku updated to the new 10.5 update, neither of my Roku TVs will screen mirror/cast! My TVs were perfectly fine, up until the 10.5 update, and now I can't screen cast nothing, unless I constantly do a "soft reset," as in unplug one of the TVs, and turn it back on, then screen cast/mirror whatever I'm trying to watch. Is anyone else having this issue? Will it mess up my TVs, if I keep unplugging it, just to get it to screen mirror? PLEASE FIX THIS! GO BACK TO UPDATE 10.0! Better yet, they should have waited until all the bugs were fixed, BEFORE updating any Roku devices, period! I've never had any major issues up until now, this saddens me. Please please please fix these bugs. Model: Series 3, 325321 

0 Kudos
_Xena_
Streaming Star

I'm having the same issue. I can't Mirror/Screen cast anything. I'm running to Roku 3 model TVs. It was working fine up until the 10.5 update. I'm having to unplug it, for 15 seconds every time I want to screen cast something. I'm sure that will mess it up... Please fix this issue! 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mnw999,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing information.

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for an investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.
Please stay safe and healthy, we thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TCL 32" won't screen cast, 10.5 update

Hi @_Xena_,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

If you are still experiencing an issue with screen mirroring or casting, kindly provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to hearing from you and being able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team. Thank you!

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TCL 32" won't screen cast, 10.5 update

My roku tv is doing the same 65R635 BUILD 10.5.0 4201-88. 

0 Kudos