Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to Disable AI voice announcing each time I click on channeL or use the device for any reason.

Jump to solution

Each time I use the Roku in the past month there is an AI voice telling me what I am doing. It's very annoying and also interrupts my listening when I have rewound a part of the story. How do I disable it?

It does not happen after I use "pause" and start again, otherwise all is announced.

I am using Roku Express.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to Disable AI voice announcing each time I click on channeL or use the device for any reason

Jump to solution

Hi,

You may be having issues related to the Audio Guide. To toggle the Audio Guide on/off, press the star button * four times.

For more information about the Audio Guide, visit our Support page here: How do I enable text-to-speech using Audio Guide?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to Disable AI voice announcing each time I click on channeL or use the device for any reason

Jump to solution

Hi,

You may be having issues related to the Audio Guide. To toggle the Audio Guide on/off, press the star button * four times.

For more information about the Audio Guide, visit our Support page here: How do I enable text-to-speech using Audio Guide?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

It was probably the * key that enabled it on accident in the first place, you can turn off the shortcut in the menu so the only way to enable it is going to accessibility option and turning it on for sure.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've tried the 2 replies on here but mine is still announcing everything!! It's even doing it when I go to Netflix to watch a movie, it tells me name and length of the movie!! It's driving me crazy!! Smiley Happy  Please help!!!

0 Kudos