Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dathead2
Roku Guru

How long has 10.0.0 build 4209 been out for Ultras?

I was at 4195 last I knew months ago.   Somewhere possibly between 4195 and 4209 I was having an issue where my Sony OLED was crashing every time I turned on. I had only Roku and a USB stick attached and I removed the USB stick and still happened so assumed was the roku but now it hasn’t happened in the last week and I’m 99.9% sure Android tv hasn’t updated since unlike Roku it asks you to update not forces you. 

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How long has 10.0.0 build 4209 been out for Ultras?

@dathead2 

Roku doesn't roll out updates to all devices of the same model at the same time. So, the answer for your Ultra may be different than the answer for someone else's Ultra.

It's not clear where Android TV figures into things. Is that the USB stick you mentioned?

And, I may be misreading your post, but it seems to end with the Roku working fine, but you're fussing about it, so is there an issue that remains?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
dathead2
Roku Guru

That’s why I put my specific ultra model in my signature 

yea problem seems to be resolved but trying to figure it out and see if anyone else seen similar.  

my Sony tv runs Android and I have a usb stick plugged into the tv not the ultra. Was just trying to lay out my specifics. 

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@dathead2 

Ah, gotcha. That clears that up. I'm glad things are working now. Sometimes, a restart of a Roku device will resolve issues, similar to like what you have to do to your computer every so often.

I expect if you want to Settings > System > About you'd see the Update to be more recent than the Last Updated date/time listed at the bottom of Settings > System update.

If so, then some reboot along the way resolved it. Maybe not, though.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@dathead2 

As @DBDukes indicated, rollouts are staggered in several different ways (user account/model #/location/device update server settings/mysterious Roku selection algorithm/etc).

E.g. 10.0.0-4209 may be available for download/install for some 4800s before other 4800s, or for the 4670 before the 4660 (or vice versa), relative to the user account/device settings/region/etc.

So theres no perfect way to answer that question, though in general build 4209 was first made available for download (for some models/devices) on June 22th, and then a wider release on June 28th.

You can always check when YOUR device last updated its firmware by checking (as @DBDukes indicated) Settings/System/System update/Last Updated =

FYI, if you manually check for updates, and a new firmware build is available, you do have the option of installing or not (you can decline to install it).  Eventually the new firmware will auto-install, but there is an option to delay it by manually checking/declining.

Also FYI, Android TV devices by default auto-update both the firmware and the OS components/apps (especially when they power on/restart, just like Roku devices), so you might/could easily miss them (even if they do allow disabling of auto-updates, its enabled by default).   For OS components/apps, you have to go into the Google Play Store app's settings and disable Auto-updates (otherwise they too update by default).

0 Kudos