Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How do you stop roku inactivity timeout?

Can Roku have any TSR channels that could monitor for "Are you still watching"  and respond for you? I remember back in the old DOS days there were such programs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Not possible.  Only one channel (and possibly a screesaver) can be active at one time.  There's nothing like a TSR.  (Ah... fond memories.)

If you have some computer that's on 24/7 (like a NAS or a router running OpenWRT or something similar), you could have a cron job that sends a key press via the network periodically.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

What a piece of garbage

Highlighted
Level 7

NBC News still times it. CBS NEWS does not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I use this piece of garbage for a retail environment and it feels like it is always returning to the homescreen.. at least three or four times a day.   It's in the background during my video conferences with my business logo and it often shifts to showing Pokemon or some other **bleep** movie advertisment.  It didn't always time out.. I've got the bandwidth saver turned off, the sleep timer turned off.. and have spent way to much f'ing time trying to figure out what the .... is going on.. I'm beyond frustrated.  I am going to pitch this POS into the garbage and never buy anything from ROKU again... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I turned off my timer and always shuts down on me 😡😡😡😠😠

0 Kudos