Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How do you stop roku inactivity timeout?

-excuse the reply, I only saw the answer with using Pluto as a channel-never noticed the bandwidth saver-THANK YOU for that! I can't sleep without tv either & have no cable hookup in my bedroom  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Wow! That was easy to fix!! Thank you very much, random Roku Community members!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

HUGE thank you. This has been an extremely frustrating feature for far too many years. It's finally taken care of! ❤️

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

okay, i shut the bandwidth " off " and it still keeps happening.  it is so annoying and i don't see what the appilaction is even for.  any other ideas ?  H E L P please, making me nuts !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you so very much!!! I also wake up if the tv goes off, this will help me get some sleep!!

0 Kudos
Level 7

That’s not an option on my Roku TV

@Snickfly wrote:
In settings, under network, choose Bandwidth saver and turn off.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Turning off the bandwidth saver doesn't do anything... That DOES NOT work

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I think it depends on which streaming app you are using within Roku. For some apps I use (for example, Philo and Amazon Prime), turning off the Bandwidth Saver stopped the timeouts. For others (YouTube TV and Disney Plus), I still get asked “Are you still watching?” and the app will time out if I don’t click YES with my remote.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks! Why couldn't they call it inactivity timeout and make it easier to find?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The channel itself could be timing out to save THEIR bandwidth. Really I think Roku should require all apps to follow the bandwidth saver setting.

0 Kudos