Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kasskat94
Level 7

How do you stop roku inactivity timeout?

I have trouble sleeping unless i have a tv plaing in the background. Before the latest update i was able to have my hulu or spectrum on continous play and never time out however now i can not. Is there a way to fix this setting and turn it off or do i need to search for a differant media player system?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: How do you stop roku inactivity timeout?

"Kasskat94" wrote:
I have trouble sleeping unless i have a tv plaing in the background. Before the latest update i was able to have my hulu or spectrum on continous play and never time out however now i can not. Is there a way to fix this setting and turn it off or do i need to search for a differant media player system?

I use Pluto TV. It doesn't time out. 

If yours does on those apps, and mine doesn't on a different app, and we're both using Roku devices, that tells me it's the apps doing it. So, yeah, you can change your platform, but if they coded the apps on the other platform the same way, you'll have the same problem. You might try checking out Pluto TV or other similar apps to see if you can find good background programming that will do the job.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Snickfly
Level 7

Re: How do you stop roku inactivity timeout?

In settings, under network, choose Bandwidth saver and turn off.