Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delfuego
Level 8

How do I setup Airplay

Jump to solution

I just received an email from Roku listing exciting new features including Airplay. Upon clicking the link in the email, I'm directed to the Roku site where a general overview of the feature is described. There's only one small problem, HOW DO I SET IT UP!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Airplay

Jump to solution

@delfuego 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to use and setup Airplay, visit our Support page here: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
StreamerUser
Level 16

Jump to solution

Simply make sure your device has the latest RokuOS/app updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now (if it offers a new firmware version, install it)

After it installs the latest firmware, check again for any app updates (including AirPlay, which is actually a hidden app that adds a menu shortcut).

AirPlay is installed enabled, so you shouldnt have do anything else, but if you want to setup HomeKit or check the details, go to Settings/Apple AirPlay & HomeKit

0 Kudos
delfuego
Level 8

Jump to solution

thanks, I don't understand the purpose of the QR code in the Airplay Setup option.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@delfuego 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to use and setup Airplay, visit our Support page here: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
delfuego
Level 8

Jump to solution

this link contained the information that explained the compatibility issue that I was having.  Issue has been resolved.

0 Kudos
metrogordonmeye
Level 9

Jump to solution

My TCL TV recently upgraded to the new OS and theoretically has Airplay capability. But when I go into my iPad, only a handful of the apps I might be interested in casting via Airplay have the icon enabling me to do so. Sadly HBO Max is NOT one of them. The good news for me is that I can continue to use my first generation Chromecast to view HBO Max, but when I sold Apple computers a few years ago, one of the advantages I showed customers about the Apple TV device was the way Airplay worked with just about everything. 

To be clear, I have successfully used Airplay on the Spectrum TV and Pluto TV apps. But for the HBO Max iPad app, the only streaming icon on my screen is for the Chromecast.  What are the steps I need to take to be able to use Airplay with the HBO Max app?

0 Kudos
delfuego
Level 8

Jump to solution

I found this resource online. Hope it helps.

https://help.hbomax.com/Answer/Detail/2346

also found this FWIW...

https://www.cnet.com/news/hbo-max-roku-wonder-woman-free-price-per-month-amazon-movies-shows-app/

just out of curiosity, do you happen to have the standard HBO app on your device? 

0 Kudos