Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCK
Level 7

How do I set a sleep timer with the Roku soundbar?

Does the soundbar not have a sleep timer? Seems counterproductive to sell the product boasting one remote controls it all when it won’t let you do a basic sleep timer function. 

5 REPLIES 5\
Iona-D
Level 13

Re: How do I set a sleep timer with the Roku soundbar?

If your device does not offer a sleep timer option, add one yourself.  Buy either a electronic or mechanical plug in one rom your favorite hardware store.

I had a television that came without this feature at one time.  Rather trashing it, I just bought a Mechanical plug in one.  I used to set it to turn on just before I expected to arrive home!  It worked out just fine.

0 Kudos
Isao101
Level 7

I concur, the roku already has a power function and a timer.  Should be straight forward to combine the two. 

0 Kudos
sooznd
Level 9

Can someone explain how to access and set the timer on the soundbar? I can not locate a timer under settings.

thanks

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

That's because there isn't one. The previous posters were asking for timer feature, not that there is one now. Only roku with timers are roku tv's. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
sooznd
Level 9

Thanks for the clarification that's what I suspected until someone mentioned the soundbar & setting  up a timer.

0 Kudos