Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How do I search for a title on Roku USING THE COMPUTER?

Jump to solution

I know how to search for a program or film title using the Roku app on my iPhone, and on the TV when connected to ROKU, but how I do I search for a program or film title when on my computer?

When I went to Roku.com the only search option I could find was to search for a Channel Name.

Thanks in advance anyone who has a solution.

PS -  there's instructions on the side of this input page with "Before posting a new topic, please be sure to search keywords related to your issue/question" except I don't see any fields for keywords, only for Associated Products, Labels and Message Tags.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How do I search for a title on Roku USING THE COMPUTER?

Jump to solution

@Yfy 

Thanks for the post.

If you are searching for a specific content title, you can use Roku search.

For more information about how to use Roku Search, visit our Support page here: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku Search?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Yfy 

Thanks for the post.

If you are searching for a specific content title, you can use Roku search.

For more information about how to use Roku Search, visit our Support page here: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku Search?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Wrong answer. 

a/ You wasted my time sending me to a page that included instructions I already said I knew how to use.

I specifically requested on how to search for content on all Roku channels using A COMPUTER, acknowledging I already know how to do it with the ROKU app or using the on screen ROKU search function.

b/ The only instructions on that page you sent me to for searching for content using a computer ARE FOR SEARCHING THE ROKU CHANNEL only. The search results do not include searching for content across other channels available to ROKU users.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

he was asking about how to do it on COMPUTER. Instead of giving a specific solution you just sent a link which had nothing to do with searching on COMPUTER. You **bleep**ing idiot!

Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

@CharlieS1Youve made one post and insulted the MOD.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

@Yfy  You can search via the Roku app on your smart phone.

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@boogernose wrote:

@boogernose: I know how to search Roku using my devices. I'm asking about searching on COMPUTER.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

@CharlieS1  I understood that from that getgo.

Did you remember to stomp your foot as you posted?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@CharlieS1 wrote:

@boogernose wrote:

@boogernose: I know how to search Roku using my devices. I'm asking about searching on COMPUTER.

Can't be done. Even using Roku search via the app or on a device might miss something available via some obscure source. For providers such as Vudu, Prime Video, or Netflix allows searching for titles on their particular web site. But there's no all-encompassing search function that can return titles from all Roku channel providers. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

If you understood that I already said I knew how to search with the mobile app why did you bother to post what you did?

you could have posted

“because Roku hasn’t bothered to implement search on a computer, or even require all Roku broadcasters to regularly submit their lists of content to Roku in a specified format so Roku customers can then search the entire Roku world with Booleans on their phones or computers, AT THIS POINT you can only do incomplete searches on your phone. “

0 Kudos