Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How do I know I received the Streaming Stick+ 2019 updated model??

Jump to solution

Ordered from Amazon, item identified as the '2019 Updated' model.   How do I know I've received the current model?  (The box indicates CNET Editor's Choice, Nov. 2018).  Does the Device or Lot # give me a clue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: How do I know I received the Streaming Stick+ 2019 updated model??

Jump to solution

@JeffdelRey Thanks for the note here. There aren't any changes to the technical specifications for the Streaming Stick+ (model 3810/3811 series) These devices would be the same, however, some software features and remotes may be updated to reflect current software releases, or updated remote models or buttons etc. The letters at the end of a like model number only differentiate things like the retailer through which a device was sold, they do not indicate a difference in technical specifications. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution
Per this chart:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku#Eighth_generation

the Roku Streaming Stick Plus model introduced in September 2019 is 3810
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info!  I checked the link to the wiki and noted that 3810 is also the model number for the 2017 version of the Streaming Stick+.  The body of you reply shows 3810X.   My device is a 3810R.   So is mine one revision short of the 2019 upgrade?   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@JeffdelRey Thanks for the note here. There aren't any changes to the technical specifications for the Streaming Stick+ (model 3810/3811 series) These devices would be the same, however, some software features and remotes may be updated to reflect current software releases, or updated remote models or buttons etc. The letters at the end of a like model number only differentiate things like the retailer through which a device was sold, they do not indicate a difference in technical specifications. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks again.  I'm going to open the box, put the Roku to work, and become a cord-cutter by the end of the month!

0 Kudos