Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to turn off digital voice

Jump to solution

Does this help?

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00204059

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
GBF
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.  

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

If it's only announcing the volume setting and not reading other text on the screen it has to be coming from the TV itself.  If the Roku accessibility setting was enabled it would be reading all the text on the Home Screen, for example.

0 Kudos
GBF
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When I first turn on the TV, the digital voice announces the time, the volume level, and something about the internal input screen and timers - it is too fast for me to catch the exact wording.  After that, it announces only the volume setting whenever the volume is changed.  Also, it occasionally says the single word "timers".  I don't know what prompts it to say "timers" as the remote is not being used and no adjustments are being made to the TV when it makes that announcement. Do you still think it is coming from the TV itself?  And could it be related to the "timers" setting?  If so, how do I adjust that?  Thank you for your help.      

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

What's the model number of your TV?

0 Kudos
GBF
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

XBR-65X800G

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Have you been able to find the TV's accessibility settings?  Using the TV's remote press the Home button and then go to Settings -> Device Preferences.  There should be an Accessibility option.  Alternatively, you may be able to disable it by holding down the Mute button on the TV's remote until you hear a response sound (more than 5 seconds).

0 Kudos
GBF
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks again for responding.  Yes, regarding the accessibility setting.  I followed the instructions on the link you provided.  First, I tried the Shortcut method by holding down the mute button on the TV's remote control.  When that didn't work, I followed the step-by-step instructions, starting from the Settings Menu.  Neither process worked.  I repeated it a couple of times just to be sure I did it correctly.  

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

I'm pretty much out of ideas.  Maybe Sony can help.  I'm assuming it's announcing the volume level whether you're using the Roku or some other input.  One last thing to try is to unplug the TV for several seconds and then plug it back it.  Maybe it needs to "reboot".

0 Kudos
GBF
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That sounds like a good idea; I will try that.  I have appreciated the help - thanks!  

0 Kudos