Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JANTHUT
Reel Rookie

How do I find my device IP address without a remote?

Jump to solution

I have a problem. We are renting away from home for two months. I brought my streaming device but forgot the remote. Have been trying to get it going and want to see if I can get the IP address using the serial number and use it with the Google remestions (or a phone number to call?)

Thanks,

John T.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: How do I find my device IP address without a remote?

Jump to solution

@JANTHUT You can only view your Roku device's current IP address by visiting Settings>System>About on the device. Your device must have an active network connection in order for this information to appear. 

Hope that helps! 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JANTHUT You can only view your Roku device's current IP address by visiting Settings>System>About on the device. Your device must have an active network connection in order for this information to appear. 

Hope that helps! 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Rafa63 

You should actually put some content in a post, not rely on the title alone. The content should provide enough information for someone to understand the issue and provide an answer.

You want to find your device's IP address, without a remote? That question needs some context.

First, nothing has an IP address until it's connected to a network. If you're not connected to a network, then there is no IP address to find.

Next, a Roku device cannot be connected to a network until it is set up. Setup requires a remote. If this is the issue, say that.

Now, after setup, you can use the Roku app as a remote. You don't need the IP address for that; you only need to be on the same network. And if you are already using the Roku app as a remote, then you have a remote. Instructions on how to find the IP address to a connected Roku device were provided in an earlier response. Settings > System > About

So, if you would actually describe the issue that's preventing you from using your Roku, or explain what else you're trying to do, then perhaps we could help.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

Re: How do I find the IP address without it being connected to wifi?

Jump to solution

I just got this Roku express about a week ago & I haven't had the time to set it up. My dog decided to go on a spiteful binge & she chewed my remote. 

I downloaded the Roku app, but it can't find the Roku because it's not connected to the internet. & I can't access the IP address without a connection 🤦🏻‍♀️ I'm stressing over here. 

0 Kudos
DellStreamer
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@XxKellKellxX  You cannot setup a Roku without a remote. You con buy a new remote on the Roku website 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@XxKellKellxX 

Unfortunately, need a physical remote to setup the Roku device before using the Roku mobile app.

Walmart, Best Buy, Target and others carry replacement Roku Remotes or you can purchase a Roku compatible Universal Streaming remote ($10-20) as well to get you through setup.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jump to solution

Thank you!!