Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: How do I disable ads on my homescreen?

@berg44 wrote:

Not helpful. These ads are sometimes scantily clad women and not appropriate

So do you avoid the beach ?  Do you avoid TV ? Have you outlawed computers and cell phones (type in "pussycat " in a search engine ) ?  Do you go to the gym ? Ever go jogging in a park on a hot day ?

Scantily clad women are everywhere and some of us like it like that.

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
Highlighted
Level 7

And here I was thinking that they would make money from selling their actual product.
It's a horrible business practice to try and squeeze even more money out of an already paying customer. Why are you defending this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@Carl7 wrote:

And here I was thinking that they would make money from selling their actual product.
It's a horrible business practice to try and squeeze even more money out of an already paying customer. Why are you defending this?

That is capitalism.  If you don't like it you don't have to use it!  Doh!  So you advocate censorship ? 

I don't like unicorns should I be allowed to censor all unicorns ? No of course not.  I just don't buy Lucky Charms with the purple unicorns.  Got it ?

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
Highlighted
Level 17

One solution is to put Duct Tape all over the right side

and then sit smiling and proud that you have beat the system.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos