Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wiztech38
Reel Rookie

How can i clone my roku ultra of all my apps to a usb flash drive?

HI i was wondering is it possible to clone my roku and backup all my apps to like a usb flash drive if i ever have to factory mode or if i get a new box. Is this possible? I saw a thread like this but not like i am asking. i'm asking this also for my moms new roku tcl tv she got last week since i can do over the air down here and i can't get the spectrum app anymore. I have it installed on my roku ultra so i was wondering i can install it on a flash drive then plug usb drive into her tv to install it. Spectrum wont give me the app i tried. 

I also do not want to redo her tv an use my email address since its tied to my box. My mom got her tv few weeks ago but under spectrum rule is any tv or roku boxes after jan. 2021 they wont send the app out. Over the air to install down here is probably wont happen no windows expect one and its not a regular window. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How can i clone my roku ultra of all my apps to a usb flash drive?

Sorry, what you want to do isn't possible.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Wiztech38
Reel Rookie

Ok i noticed there is a move part on each app if i use move app onto say sd card will the app be remove from my roku so i can install it on my moms tv?

0 Kudos
dathead2
Roku Guru

That just moves the app to a new position on the screen

Seems like dumping an xml version of configuration would be rather simple to implement but not looking like that feature request will be forthcoming sadly. 

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos